fuel tank info

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tooljim1

i have a 743 f bobcat need info now when i fill the tank with fuel it works great but when it gets around a half of a tank then it starts to act up like its runing out of fuel dies out and then when i let it set over night then it starts right up works for a few then starts acting up again hope some one no's whats going on so let me no thank you jim

KC743

I had a similar issue. I remove the fuel tank and sending unit. I had a broken pick up tube inside of the fuel tank. Very common problem I was told. While I was there I replaced the fuel pick up tube and the fuel check ball / filter on bottom of tube. Also now is a good time to check your fuel lines going from the tank into the engine compartment and replace if necessary as well as any hose clamps, and manual hand pump to prime fuel bowl. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
T

tooljim1

I had a similar issue. I remove the fuel tank and sending unit. I had a broken pick up tube inside of the fuel tank. Very common problem I was told. While I was there I replaced the fuel pick up tube and the fuel check ball / filter on bottom of tube. Also now is a good time to check your fuel lines going from the tank into the engine compartment and replace if necessary as well as any hose clamps, and manual hand pump to prime fuel bowl. Hope this helps.
thank you for the info but i put new pick up tube in it with the new screen on the bottom of the hose and i did put all new fuel lines on it could it be a filter thing or a fuel pump thing

ljbshop

thank you for the info but i put new pick up tube in it with the new screen on the bottom of the hose and i did put all new fuel lines on it could it be a filter thing or a fuel pump thing
She sounded like a pick up tube to me to, but since they didn't fix it, I would inspect or replace the fuel lift pump. There's little plastic reed type valves in it and they break.

Tazza

Staff member
She sounded like a pick up tube to me to, but since they didn't fix it, I would inspect or replace the fuel lift pump. There's little plastic reed type valves in it and they break.
I'd suspect the pickup tube too.
Not to be a smart a$$, but you did replace the correct line? there are two, one is fuel out to the lift pump, the other is a return line from the injectors tap off line.
Even try loosening the fuel cap, see if it's not venting

OP
OP
T

tooljim1

I'd suspect the pickup tube too.
Not to be a smart a$$, but you did replace the correct line? there are two, one is fuel out to the lift pump, the other is a return line from the injectors tap off line.
Even try loosening the fuel cap, see if it's not venting
found it it was the fuel filter