fuel pump replace.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mud slinger

I have a 742 with a gas 1.6 ford engine, I've taken the fuel pump off and getting ready to replace it. my question is, the rod that works the fuel pump lever, will it fall out when the pump is removed? I can't feel it and I'm worried it may have fallen out into the engine.

craigb93

The pump arm works directly against the engine camshaft. No pushrod is used. You will want to inspect the pump lobe carefully (use a mirror & small flashlight). They are subject to wear and if worn will not deliver sufficient fuel. Next step is replacement w/ an electric pump.

OP
OP
M

mud slinger

The pump arm works directly against the engine camshaft. No pushrod is used. You will want to inspect the pump lobe carefully (use a mirror & small flashlight). They are subject to wear and if worn will not deliver sufficient fuel. Next step is replacement w/ an electric pump.
Thank you very much for your info. I was hoping there was no push rod .Now that i know nothing fell into the engine, I think i'm going to take your advice and install an electric pump and not mess with the mechanical one. Thanks again.