Fuel lined gelled I think

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

trg753

We hit 0 degrees F. today and I gelled or froze my diesel fuel line on my 753 Bobcat. I put in power service before I started it. It ran for about 20 minutes and quit. I put in some ISO HEAT and still nothing. I took the line loose at the primer bulb and am not getting any fuel out except a seep once in a while. Any ideas how to get it going? Froze in Idaho

skidsteer.ca

Can you blow back though the line or not? Sometimes the pickup tubes in the tank break off and only suck air or must have a full tank to get fuel.
Worse case hook up a temp fuel can and hose to your primer and run it into somewhere warm. Your not still using summer fuel?
Ken

OP
OP
T

trg753

Can you blow back though the line or not? Sometimes the pickup tubes in the tank break off and only suck air or must have a full tank to get fuel.
Worse case hook up a temp fuel can and hose to your primer and run it into somewhere warm. Your not still using summer fuel?
Ken
I cannot blow back through the line into the tank. I took the line loose by the primer bulb and took a air hose and cannot get anything to blow back through from what I can tell. I do have winter fuel in it with some treatment. I think they did not have it treated right or I had some water in the fuel and it might have froze. 7 degrees here tonight. Maybe it will warm up tommorrow. How hard is it to get to the tank where the fuel line comes out to the primer bulb? I cannot seem to get to it very easy.

skidsteer.ca

I cannot blow back through the line into the tank. I took the line loose by the primer bulb and took a air hose and cannot get anything to blow back through from what I can tell. I do have winter fuel in it with some treatment. I think they did not have it treated right or I had some water in the fuel and it might have froze. 7 degrees here tonight. Maybe it will warm up tommorrow. How hard is it to get to the tank where the fuel line comes out to the primer bulb? I cannot seem to get to it very easy.
Getting to the fuel pickup is not impossible but is a little tough. Roll the cab up and its located somewhere near the real axel down below the pumps. I believe it pushes through a rubber gromet into the tank. (which wil be quite hard in these temps) If you can get the hose off see if its free back to the primer. Some machines had a screen on the pickup (which it don't need) and where know for the pickup tube breaking off. So if you get it out inspect it or replace it
Ken

Kelly

Your pickup tube must have that screen, it also has a check ball in that keeps the fuel from draining back into the tank when not running.