fuel filter replace

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Kermode

Remove the old filter, replace with new filter. Open the bleeder valve on top of filter housing. Pump the primer bulb until no more air comes out of the bleeder valve and away you go.

Tazza

Staff member
Remove the old filter, replace with new filter. Open the bleeder valve on top of filter housing. Pump the primer bulb until no more air comes out of the bleeder valve and away you go.
Exactly how i do it too.

Stone Hands

Also fill the filter with fuel first ,it helps with priming the system.
I agree on the filling the new filter up first. You an still spin it on and lose any fuel. I have an 863 and that is how I have always done it. Same way when I change filters on my Kenworth, Cat dozer and John Deere tractor. It works.

skidsteer.ca

I agree on the filling the new filter up first. You an still spin it on and lose any fuel. I have an 863 and that is how I have always done it. Same way when I change filters on my Kenworth, Cat dozer and John Deere tractor. It works.
There is really no need to pre fill it on a Bobcat because the hand primer bulb makes pumping it full of fuel just as easy and you still need the primer bulb if you want to remove the last of the air after instalation, even if you pre fill it.
Also when pre filling any filter you should only dump fuel into the tank side of the filter so the injection pump does not get and dirt to it.
The idea is to get the air out so the engine will not air lock and stall, how you do it is irelevant to the engine, just don't get any dirt into the injection pump!
Skidsteer.ca

Stone Hands

There is really no need to pre fill it on a Bobcat because the hand primer bulb makes pumping it full of fuel just as easy and you still need the primer bulb if you want to remove the last of the air after instalation, even if you pre fill it.
Also when pre filling any filter you should only dump fuel into the tank side of the filter so the injection pump does not get and dirt to it.
The idea is to get the air out so the engine will not air lock and stall, how you do it is irelevant to the engine, just don't get any dirt into the injection pump!
Skidsteer.ca
Good advice. Thanks. Always looking for the best way to do something.

BeverlyCaunca

Good advice. Thanks. Always looking for the best way to do something.
depending on the position of the filter, I could see $200. In the B5's it's "suggested" you drop the fuel tank, remove the rusted bolt, pull down the filter and swap it. There is a plastic strap holding the filter onto the gas tank and it's wedged between the tank and the underbody panels. I just changed mine a few months ago and it was a pain, but doable. What does Independant Tuning quote you? They're usually spot on with those things......