Frozen Quick Couplers

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RodNH

I tend to switch between snowblower and power angle snowplow on my skid. I find that the quickcouplers are almost always frozen - when the temperature is well below freezing - and I need to use a heat gun to couple or uncouple. I have tried squirting WD-40 in the annular space between the sleeve and the body but that doesn't seem to do the trick. I am thinking of trying some Fluid Film® but I am concerned that since that stuff never dries out, any dust during summer use could combine with the fluid film and gum things up a bit. How does anyone else deal with frozen flat-faced quick couplers?

tawilson1152

I haven't had a problem with them but I'm trying ArmorAll on my hard to get together/apart devices and plugs. It's an experiment I just started this weekend. I have a pressure washer reel that wouldn't roll up worth a hoot so I ArmorAlled the hose and it worked great.

skidsteer.ca

I haven't had a problem with them but I'm trying ArmorAll on my hard to get together/apart devices and plugs. It's an experiment I just started this weekend. I have a pressure washer reel that wouldn't roll up worth a hoot so I ArmorAlled the hose and it worked great.
Can't say I have had much trouble. If I have an attachent on I cycle the aux a few times to pump some warm oil through them before I unhook. Should help the seals last better too
Ken