Foot Pedals rusted solid

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jason14x

Hey all, just bought a 2005 S185 with ACS. When I switch to foot controls they will not move at all. Im pretty sure after looking at things the pedals are all rusted solid. What is involved in pulling them all apart? I want the option of the foot pedals as I am not a fan of the H pattern. Any guidance would be appreciated. Ill take a picture and quick video clip for reference . Thanks in advance
Jason.

brdgbldr

I would suggest going to the Bobcat parts catalog and looking at the blown up schematic of the controls. This is always my first go to when tearing things apart that I am not familiar with.

spitzair

Pretty common for the foot pedals to seize up when they'remnot being used. Our S300 at work does the same thing - I'm the only one who uses the foot controls on it and after the other guys have been using it and I haven't been on it for a while it usually takes a bit to get them all limbered up again… used a friend's T250 one day and the foot controls had never been used on it and they were stuck solid! They seem to seize up right at the pivots on the pedals themselves. Some penetrant and some gentle persuasion should have you up and running in short order.

Acreage T250

I bought a T250 and my pedals where super worn with slop. I made some SS bushings welded on both sides of the mount and used 1/2" SS rod. I welded them in thinking the heat would create binding and it did so a 17/16" drilled over size on the bushings did the trick. Pedals have no slope and should never rust or ware out for decades.

Attachments

• IMG_2755.JPG
    IMG_2755.JPG
    265 KB · Views: 57

Reds Skid Steers

The easiest way to start is to spray the crap out of the swivel points on the foot pedal. Start there then if that doesn't work, take it apart. Work your way in. And spray the swivel points several times letting them soak for awhile in between.

OP
OP
J

jason14x

Thanks all....they were rusted solid! Finally got them free after about 3 cans worth of PB Blaster! Boom side is totally free bucket curl is free but still sticking in either direction.

OP
OP
J

jason14x

But working. Next question I have the gold package on this machine. How do I know if I have 2 speed ? I see the little rabbit button on the stick but switching it does nothing. Is there an indicator on the panel that should come on? I ask because these first few jobs I have done with it the machine seems to struggle when starting to go up or back up on an incline? It feels almost like the " gearing is too high" until it gets going. Thoughts ? Ideas? Anyone have a similar issue?

foton

it might be best to get the serial number and contact bobcat and ask them if it was on the build sheet as a bought option.