Flush Allen Bolts for Attaching Grade Blade to JD 66" Skid Steer Bucket

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Earlsneuk

I have a JD 66" Multi - bucket and want to attach a grading blade. The JD dealer told me to use normal 7/8" bolts, but I would prefer to use flush allen bolts. Does anyone know where I can find these bolts? Thanks Earlsneuk

Idoitall

You're not likely to find these at HD, Lowe's, Ace Hardware, etc. Look for an industrial supply store such as Fastenal, Grainger, etc. Depending on the size, they may likely have to order the bolts you need. You can also go online to Fastenal, McMaster-Carr, Grainger, etc. where they have a large selection of all kinds of fasteners. A local Tractor Supply or tractor dealer may also have what you need.

Tazza

Staff member
You're not likely to find these at HD, Lowe's, Ace Hardware, etc. Look for an industrial supply store such as Fastenal, Grainger, etc. Depending on the size, they may likely have to order the bolts you need. You can also go online to Fastenal, McMaster-Carr, Grainger, etc. where they have a large selection of all kinds of fasteners. A local Tractor Supply or tractor dealer may also have what you need.
We have shops over here that just sell bolts. If its unusual they can get it for you!
A countersunk head allen bolt isn't that specialized, I'm sure you won't have any troubles.

OP
OP
E

Earlsneuk

We have shops over here that just sell bolts. If its unusual they can get it for you!
A countersunk head allen bolt isn't that specialized, I'm sure you won't have any troubles.
Thanks Tazza, I have been looking for them at the tractor and hardware type places and they know what I am talking about, but don't carry them. I will check with Graingers and see if they have them. Thanks Earlsneuk

OP
OP
E

Earlsneuk

Thanks Idoitall, I will check with Graingers there is one here. Thanks again Earlsneuk

You could use button head or flat head. The flahole foe flat heasd will have to be chanfered before they will rest flat. I do not know how thich the metal is you are putting the bolts in but you must keep that in mind. I can get you a few if you aree unable to find them.

OP
OP
E

Earlsneuk

You could use button head or flat head. The flahole foe flat heasd will have to be chanfered before they will rest flat. I do not know how thich the metal is you are putting the bolts in but you must keep that in mind. I can get you a few if you aree unable to find them.
DrewandTrey123, I will try to find them this weekend and let you know how I make out. Thanks for the help and advice. Earlsneuk