FLOATING BUCKET

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

CRANEMAN13

is it possable to add a floating bucket to a S185 that dose not have it now? i have run a couple rentals that have it but my personal machine dose not. thanks in advance.

7LBSSMALLIE

if its foot left pedal foward hard. should stick: if not youre detent ball are bad check cap etc;

OP
OP
C

CRANEMAN13

if its foot left pedal foward hard. should stick: if not youre detent ball are bad check cap etc;
thanks for the response, i will have to see what i really have. did not know it was standard equipment. just got this machine, been working a 1988 743 and im not used to so many upgrades if you know what i mean. guess i better do some more homework on this new one.

lesgawlik

thanks for the response, i will have to see what i really have. did not know it was standard equipment. just got this machine, been working a 1988 743 and im not used to so many upgrades if you know what i mean. guess i better do some more homework on this new one.
To clarify, my machine has a light for "Floating Bucket" on the panel behind the left headlight. I can't get the light to come on. My machine has a floating bucket? If I press on the left pedal will the light come on?

greens

To clarify, my machine has a light for "Floating Bucket" on the panel behind the left headlight. I can't get the light to come on. My machine has a floating bucket? If I press on the left pedal will the light come on?
you have toe the left peddle down and it should lock into place. sometimes an awkward move to get it to work. new machines have a button.

OP
OP
C

CRANEMAN13

you have toe the left peddle down and it should lock into place. sometimes an awkward move to get it to work. new machines have a button.
you guys are right on the money. its there just did not know how to make it work. thanks a bunch.

OldMachinist

Just out of curiosity, would this be the same on a model 763 Bobcat?
Yes, if you have foot controls. Press the left pedel with your toes until it locks in place. If it will not lock then the detent that holds is faulty. Sometimes just working it in and out with your toes will make it start working otherwise you'll have to pull the cap off the control valve to free it up. This is not a fun job depending on how the valve is placed in the machine. Here's post about another 763 with the same problem.
http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=33538

7LBSSMALLIE

Yes, if you have foot controls. Press the left pedel with your toes until it locks in place. If it will not lock then the detent that holds is faulty. Sometimes just working it in and out with your toes will make it start working otherwise you'll have to pull the cap off the control valve to free it up. This is not a fun job depending on how the valve is placed in the machine. Here's post about another 763 with the same problem.
http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=33538
if you go after it dont just pull cap you will be sad remove spool as an assy.leaving end cap in place and bench it.

HarryN

make sure to replace plug and oring located underallen head screw its a pain but will save grief.
Thanks to the original poster. I didn't even know the floating bucket was a feature! Thanks to all the of the responders for answering. I tested it out today and now have another option to use. And it works too - LOL I love this forum!