Flat Tires

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Moallen

Hey everyone, I loaned my 763 to a friend to do landacaping around his new house. When I went to pick it up the tires had 4 nails. Do you guys plug the tires after pulling out the nails? That is what I tried to do. One plug blew out(small hole) I was not sure how to do it , but I think I have it now. I guess a bobcat is like your wife and your motorcycle(don't loan out) someone will throw a rod in both. Allen

sterlclan

I use Camel brand tire plugs (the wicked gooey radial tire ones) with rubber cement and have had pretty good luck Jeff

500K_773

I use Camel brand tire plugs (the wicked gooey radial tire ones) with rubber cement and have had pretty good luck Jeff
I think plugs would work well for a temporary fix, but I like to ensure the hole will not leak in the future. I take the tire off and have a tire shop fix it with a patch inside the tire. The skid steer tires aren't really much bigger than some pickup truck tires and my local tire shop only charged me $15-$20 for a repair.

StuZ

I think plugs would work well for a temporary fix, but I like to ensure the hole will not leak in the future. I take the tire off and have a tire shop fix it with a patch inside the tire. The skid steer tires aren't really much bigger than some pickup truck tires and my local tire shop only charged me $15-$20 for a repair.
Do any of you guys use tubes ?? We are about the same her 500K $ 15.00 AND time served

500K_773

Do any of you guys use tubes ?? We are about the same her 500K $ 15.00 AND time served
Sorry, don't use tubes. The tire shop gets me in and out fast. In fact, I just spent nearly 2 days down there doing snow removal in their back lot. Ran into a bunch of broken pallets. The manager checked all 4 tires for leaks before I left. Luckily none found. I don't have a portable air compressor, so I have to take the tire off the machine anyway if I get a flat in the field. Not much more time lost taking it to the tire shop vs. plugging it myself and filling it with air at home or a gas station.

StuZ

Sorry, don't use tubes. The tire shop gets me in and out fast. In fact, I just spent nearly 2 days down there doing snow removal in their back lot. Ran into a bunch of broken pallets. The manager checked all 4 tires for leaks before I left. Luckily none found. I don't have a portable air compressor, so I have to take the tire off the machine anyway if I get a flat in the field. Not much more time lost taking it to the tire shop vs. plugging it myself and filling it with air at home or a gas station.
Tubes are a PITA, but any good tire man will tell you that a tube adds 2 ply to your tire rating

864wood

Tubes are a PITA, but any good tire man will tell you that a tube adds 2 ply to your tire rating
As most posters will know by now I have the worst luck when it comes to equipment. A F------ flat tire on a brand new S-300 with less than 10 hrs. However, if you get a industrail truck tire pug kit from NAPA they hold up for darn near forever. I had a backhoe with a rear tire that we pluged no less than 20 times. I wish I had a picture of the inside of it when we had new tires put on. I id plug the tire on my machine and it has held for anther gruelling 50 hrs of hard work and no PSI loss. Good luck!

bobbie-g

As most posters will know by now I have the worst luck when it comes to equipment. A F------ flat tire on a brand new S-300 with less than 10 hrs. However, if you get a industrail truck tire pug kit from NAPA they hold up for darn near forever. I had a backhoe with a rear tire that we pluged no less than 20 times. I wish I had a picture of the inside of it when we had new tires put on. I id plug the tire on my machine and it has held for anther gruelling 50 hrs of hard work and no PSI loss. Good luck!
When I replaced my tires, two of them had tubes in them. I've since found one of the rims seeps air (looses 60 psi in a month or so), so that one just got a tube. A couple of others loose a few pounds a week, so they may be candidates for tubes also. --- I've had no experience with plugs on a Bobcat.

Latest posts