Flail mower case drain question!!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

NOTYEPCARS

I am thinking about buying a used Bobcat Fc200 flail mower. This attachemnt has 3 hoses to couple to a Bobcat machine. My problem is a have a friends Caterpillar that has only two. Do I have any other options as far as the case drain goes? I am trying to get around drilling into the hydraulic tank etc...Did not know if I had any options. Thanks for your help.

Tazza

Staff member
If it was me, I'd look for the other case drain line in the machine and plumb the extra hose into that. There was also a suggestion to have a small tank on the attachment to catch the oil, it should only have a light flow from that port. You could even run a line and temporally run it in through the oil fill cap.
I personally am going to install a case drain line on my next machine and plumb it into the case drain line thats already there.
I also heard that only high flow motors have case drain lines, not sure if this is true for all motors though.

bobcat_ron

If it was me, I'd look for the other case drain line in the machine and plumb the extra hose into that. There was also a suggestion to have a small tank on the attachment to catch the oil, it should only have a light flow from that port. You could even run a line and temporally run it in through the oil fill cap.
I personally am going to install a case drain line on my next machine and plumb it into the case drain line thats already there.
I also heard that only high flow motors have case drain lines, not sure if this is true for all motors though.
If your machine is NOT a high flow, then the mower will NOT work very good, if it is and it doesn't have a case drain line then you should spend the extra money to plumb it right. Standard flow motors do not require a case drain lne as the machine relief valve will catch any rapid pressure build up.