Finding 5 lug nut rims for 440b

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mag7mm

Was wondering if there is a good place to start to find rims for my 440b? Right now it has the 5.75 -12 rims and I need to upgrade to 8.5-12 so ott will fit. Thanks

SkidRoe

Here is what I did when my 440b needed new rims:
http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=31068
New rims from Bobcat were quoted to me at $150 a piece. I could not find any other rims that were a direct fit, as they have a very deep offset. HTH
Further to this - I had an issue with one of the rear rims on my machine this past weekend.
I had a wheel stud failure on this rim about a year and a half ago, and I am not sure how long I ran it for be for I noticed it. Needless to the holes in the rim got wallowed out a bit. I replace all of the studs, tightened it up and crossed my fingers.
My luck ran out this past weekend - not a catastrophic failure, but the rim needs to be replaced. I took a deep breath and called the dealer. To my surprise, the price has come DOWN to $105 per rim.
Still not cheap, but more of an acceptable price in my opinion.

OP
OP
M

mag7mm

Further to this - I had an issue with one of the rear rims on my machine this past weekend.
I had a wheel stud failure on this rim about a year and a half ago, and I am not sure how long I ran it for be for I noticed it. Needless to the holes in the rim got wallowed out a bit. I replace all of the studs, tightened it up and crossed my fingers.
My luck ran out this past weekend - not a catastrophic failure, but the rim needs to be replaced. I took a deep breath and called the dealer. To my surprise, the price has come DOWN to $105 per rim.
Still not cheap, but more of an acceptable price in my opinion.
Just called dealer here and the 8.5-12 rims are $80.00. But they quoted the spacers and tracks and they came up to $3000. With the issue finding rims and tires for these I was thinking if I need spacers maybe have 5-6 or 5-8 lug spacers made and then go to 16.5 inch tire? would get more clearance and 10-16.5 tires, the tracks can be found cheaper and tires and rims are easy to find.