Fence post driver

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

Guys, I just finished rebuilding a 'shaver' hyd. fence post driver. It was made for tractor mount, three point hitch. I need to know if the 2600PSI from my 853 is too much?, if so will it require a pressure reducer and what rating should the reducer be?.
When I picked up the driver it was very rusty and no markings or ID plates, so I do not know the specifics.
Thanks

farmboy55

I think the pressure will be OK, My question would be the return line. On a tractor you have to run it strait to your hyd tank, so the driver will work properly. It must be able to dump the oil fast as the ram drops. dennis

Idoitall

I'm sure that you may have already done this, but a Google search for "Shaver fence post driver" produced several links to sites that carry these. They might be able to help you identify the attachment and maybe even provide documentation and parts.

Here's one site: http://www.postdriver.com/ps.php

Most listed say 1500 psi. They also have links for parts for the tool.

Good luck

OP
OP
P

perry

I'm sure that you may have already done this, but a Google search for "Shaver fence post driver" produced several links to sites that carry these. They might be able to help you identify the attachment and maybe even provide documentation and parts.

Here's one site: http://www.postdriver.com/ps.php

Most listed say 1500 psi. They also have links for parts for the tool.

Good luck
Thanks, that helps...

OP
OP
P

perry

Thanks, that helps...
The nice lady from Shaver Manufacturing emailed back my inquirey and I have the HD-10. Meaning the opening is 10". Good thing it has attachment for additional weights. I watched a 5'' flat bottom post being driven and all I can say is, an auger is off my 'to buy list'....

skidsteer.ca

The nice lady from Shaver Manufacturing emailed back my inquirey and I have the HD-10. Meaning the opening is 10". Good thing it has attachment for additional weights. I watched a 5'' flat bottom post being driven and all I can say is, an auger is off my 'to buy list'....
Perry
You did it with yours or did you see a video?
I have seen some on you tube but would like to know what the soil is like where they drove them.
I can see black dirt, and mayby clays on when damp to wet, but not gravel or shale.
We usually get in a big excavator to stuff fenceposts in the ground, a 6" vane og gravel in the soil and railroad ties start breaking under the weight of the machine. He usually takes a scoop and throws it back in the hole then pushes the post if we run into gravel.
Even our clay, you can barely screw the auger in sometimes, not sure how pounding would go, but would really like to see it.
Ken

OP
OP
P

perry

Perry
You did it with yours or did you see a video?
I have seen some on you tube but would like to know what the soil is like where they drove them.
I can see black dirt, and mayby clays on when damp to wet, but not gravel or shale.
We usually get in a big excavator to stuff fenceposts in the ground, a 6" vane og gravel in the soil and railroad ties start breaking under the weight of the machine. He usually takes a scoop and throws it back in the hole then pushes the post if we run into gravel.
Even our clay, you can barely screw the auger in sometimes, not sure how pounding would go, but would really like to see it.
Ken
When I said I saw the 5" post being driven, it was in my back yard. When I made the decision to fence my back yard I wanted wood post with hog wire 6x6. I wanted a fence that blends in with trees. I bought the post from ACE hardware and the fella recommended a local fence installer that owned a driver. I was impressed because we have 'red clay' here and it's hard. It was just amazing at how easy that flat bottom 5'' post went into the ground 2'.

Latest posts