farmboy 440b service manual

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Harvard

Were is the best place to get a service manual for my 440b? Or does anybody out there have it in a PDF format?

TOWPKG

There's one on Ebay right now ending today. http://cgi.ebay.com/BOBCAT-SERVICE-MANUAL-SERIES-440-AND-443_W0QQitemZ350264861846QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBI_Books_Manuals?hash=item518d69a496
Looking for same....need service manual for bobcat 440B or at least the pump pages. Can anyone link or post? Thanks!

TOWPKG

Which pump do you need the pages for hydrostatic or hydraulic?
I think the hydrostatic. Reason being is that i notice that occasionally the engine seems to "choke out" like it's running rich and subsequently dies. Sometimes i can salvage from dying by moving forward full speed. It also sometimes acts like vapor lock and the previous owner installed a primer bulb inline, but it will act different between the two symptoms. It seems as if there might be a posibility of counteraction. I think i might even have both problems....it's so strange as sometimes it runs perfectly, other times it is frustrating. I know i do need to adjust the linkage as it will want to move forward, mostly to the left, most of the time, but the rare occasion it will not move at all when controls are in nuetral position. The previous owner provided two seal kits #6 598 896 - has two oil seals, about 8 o rings, a few circlips, and a metal gasket. Can you identify for which that is for?

TOWPKG

I think the hydrostatic. Reason being is that i notice that occasionally the engine seems to "choke out" like it's running rich and subsequently dies. Sometimes i can salvage from dying by moving forward full speed. It also sometimes acts like vapor lock and the previous owner installed a primer bulb inline, but it will act different between the two symptoms. It seems as if there might be a posibility of counteraction. I think i might even have both problems....it's so strange as sometimes it runs perfectly, other times it is frustrating. I know i do need to adjust the linkage as it will want to move forward, mostly to the left, most of the time, but the rare occasion it will not move at all when controls are in nuetral position. The previous owner provided two seal kits #6 598 896 - has two oil seals, about 8 o rings, a few circlips, and a metal gasket. Can you identify for which that is for?
Also, do you possibly have the entire service manual avail? I noticed you had many others available.

OldMachinist

Also, do you possibly have the entire service manual avail? I noticed you had many others available.
I don't have the service manual for a 440B. If someone would like to donate one I'll scan it and upload it. I do have component repair manuals that cover repairing the pumps and drive motors. The parts you have sound like seal kits for the drive motors.
The steering problem is likely the steering linkage adjustment. If you do a search on this site you'll find several posts that cover this adjustment.
The other problem sounds fuel related(carb adjustment, fuel pick up or filter) or the carb just might need a good cleaning if there's junk in the fuel bowl it the float could be sticking.

SkidRoe

I don't have the service manual for a 440B. If someone would like to donate one I'll scan it and upload it. I do have component repair manuals that cover repairing the pumps and drive motors. The parts you have sound like seal kits for the drive motors.
The steering problem is likely the steering linkage adjustment. If you do a search on this site you'll find several posts that cover this adjustment.
The other problem sounds fuel related(carb adjustment, fuel pick up or filter) or the carb just might need a good cleaning if there's junk in the fuel bowl it the float could be sticking.
I agree with OM, sounds like a fuel issue of some sort. Check the fuel pump too. If somebody has installed a primer bulb, this could be an indication of an underlying problem. The fuel will siphon to the carb once primed, but if the fuel pump is leaking air...
The Kohler in my 440B was always a miserable thing to start from cold, even when it was new. Usually had to prime the carb with a drink of gas. I fixed it by replacing the whole engine : )
I would be up for a manual too, preferably an electronically copy.

TOWPKG

I agree with OM, sounds like a fuel issue of some sort. Check the fuel pump too. If somebody has installed a primer bulb, this could be an indication of an underlying problem. The fuel will siphon to the carb once primed, but if the fuel pump is leaking air...
The Kohler in my 440B was always a miserable thing to start from cold, even when it was new. Usually had to prime the carb with a drink of gas. I fixed it by replacing the whole engine : )
I would be up for a manual too, preferably an electronically copy.
Well i dove in to investigate....turns out it was the clear hose in the tank by way of it sucking air by not being affixed to the barb fitting at the top of the tank and the check ball fitting inside the tank ---fixed with safety wire. I also adjusted the steering linkage too so it does not move when running. Since i had the cab up, it looks as if the seal kits i have are for the drive motors as previously indicated. She purs like a kitten now, but would sure like to get my hands on a parts/service manual for the 440B. Ebay has the service manual right now for $109, but that seems a bit steep - I'd fork out $50 no problem.

OldMachinist

Well i dove in to investigate....turns out it was the clear hose in the tank by way of it sucking air by not being affixed to the barb fitting at the top of the tank and the check ball fitting inside the tank ---fixed with safety wire. I also adjusted the steering linkage too so it does not move when running. Since i had the cab up, it looks as if the seal kits i have are for the drive motors as previously indicated. She purs like a kitten now, but would sure like to get my hands on a parts/service manual for the 440B. Ebay has the service manual right now for $109, but that seems a bit steep - I'd fork out $50 no problem.
Glad you got the problems worked out. You should check prices with the dealer for the service manual I doubt they get more than $75 for it. Also Bobcat does offer manuals on CD-ROM and last I heard they were around $50.

Latest posts