Erskine 72" Brush Mower

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dieselfitter

Just got a new mower and was wondering if anyone knows how to reverse the rotation of the blades? Im told I need to switch the hoses at the motor. Wondering if anyone here has done it and whats involved? Thanks Dieselfitter

skidsteer.ca

Just switch your couplers where it hooks up to your Machine.. That would be the same as switching them at the motor..
Actually you cannot just switch the hoses at the couplers or operate the unit in reverse flow because the safety shut off valve is only designed to have flow in one direction.
The port marked A on the safety valve is Pressure and B is return. Pg 9 in the manual.
If you have you manual it shows you on pg 17 how to reverse the blades.
Essentially remove the cover and follow the two hoses from the hydraulic motor back to the safety valve block and swap them there. Both hoses should be #12 JIC female 90 degree fitting that you would loosen and swap.
If you need a copy of the manual let me know
Ken

OP
OP
D

Dieselfitter

Actually you cannot just switch the hoses at the couplers or operate the unit in reverse flow because the safety shut off valve is only designed to have flow in one direction.
The port marked A on the safety valve is Pressure and B is return. Pg 9 in the manual.
If you have you manual it shows you on pg 17 how to reverse the blades.
Essentially remove the cover and follow the two hoses from the hydraulic motor back to the safety valve block and swap them there. Both hoses should be #12 JIC female 90 degree fitting that you would loosen and swap.
If you need a copy of the manual let me know
Ken
Ken, Thanks much - I think I need to read the book supplied with the mower- DUH!! This is a great site for help and info. Dieselfitter

skidsteer.ca

Ken, Thanks much - I think I need to read the book supplied with the mower- DUH!! This is a great site for help and info. Dieselfitter
Maybe if they didn't put all the "don't mow your leg hair stuff" in the front us gear heads would actually read a few pages! lol
Ken

Latest posts