Erics Rig

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

s220turbo

boy you have quite the setup. how do like the backhoe attachment. have you tried a compact excavator, I hear they are good with demolition. How long have you been doing this type of work, I was looking at your pictures and I was impressed at how you knew what to do next. If those were my pictures you would have seen alot of head scrathing

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

boy you have quite the setup. how do like the backhoe attachment. have you tried a compact excavator, I hear they are good with demolition. How long have you been doing this type of work, I was looking at your pictures and I was impressed at how you knew what to do next. If those were my pictures you would have seen alot of head scrathing
I think the backhoe attachment is great for what it is. A simple, compact, and powerful attachment to add to your bobcat that simply gets work done. Its a necessity here in California. It keeps me busy with work at least 40% of the time. Here in Cali the homes are built very close together which means tight access so in my opinion bobcats rule. When I started learning how to run Bobcats I was also trained to run the backhoe attachment so I became very skilled at using it from the start.

The company I work for has a 337 Bobcat Excavator which I run occasionaly. The attachments we run on this are 12", 18", 24", 36" buckets, UB 1,000-1,250 ft. lb. hydraulic breaker, compaction wheel, and an auger. This is my bosses machine of choice combined with an 863 bobcat for moving spoils or whatever. When I began working for this company about 5 months ago it was pretty much the first time I had ran a Bobcat Ex and Im impressed. I had run full size Cat Exs in the past. The Bobcat Ex is far easier, smoother, and faster than a Bobcat backhoe attachment, but thats what the machine is designed to do! This machine is good with demo and excavating.

I began learning how to run equipment when I was 18 for a small Bobcat company. I started off as a laborer and trained to become an operator. It took about 1 1/2 years before I had my own rig. I did this until I was 24 and stopped for about 2 years (not because I wanted to) and started running equipment again about 5 months ago. I am now 27. So, I would say I have about 6 1/2 years of experiance on heavy equipment. I love construction and heavy equipment (especially Bobcats). As lame as this sounds I am very passionate about it and it shows through my work ethic, attitude, and the quality of work I produce.

The reason I know what to do next is because I have learned from some of the best guys in Cali.

skidsteer.ca

I think the backhoe attachment is great for what it is. A simple, compact, and powerful attachment to add to your bobcat that simply gets work done. Its a necessity here in California. It keeps me busy with work at least 40% of the time. Here in Cali the homes are built very close together which means tight access so in my opinion bobcats rule. When I started learning how to run Bobcats I was also trained to run the backhoe attachment so I became very skilled at using it from the start.

The company I work for has a 337 Bobcat Excavator which I run occasionaly. The attachments we run on this are 12", 18", 24", 36" buckets, UB 1,000-1,250 ft. lb. hydraulic breaker, compaction wheel, and an auger. This is my bosses machine of choice combined with an 863 bobcat for moving spoils or whatever. When I began working for this company about 5 months ago it was pretty much the first time I had ran a Bobcat Ex and Im impressed. I had run full size Cat Exs in the past. The Bobcat Ex is far easier, smoother, and faster than a Bobcat backhoe attachment, but thats what the machine is designed to do! This machine is good with demo and excavating.

I began learning how to run equipment when I was 18 for a small Bobcat company. I started off as a laborer and trained to become an operator. It took about 1 1/2 years before I had my own rig. I did this until I was 24 and stopped for about 2 years (not because I wanted to) and started running equipment again about 5 months ago. I am now 27. So, I would say I have about 6 1/2 years of experiance on heavy equipment. I love construction and heavy equipment (especially Bobcats). As lame as this sounds I am very passionate about it and it shows through my work ethic, attitude, and the quality of work I produce.

The reason I know what to do next is because I have learned from some of the best guys in Cali.
Well its not real fancy but here is how I'm setup
IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0172.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0174.JPG

On the trailer I have 773, and 709 hoe, forks, 72" bucket with tilt tatch and a grapple and a 66" bucket on the truck. If I need my auger it goes between the two attachments on the truck.
Truck is an 02 Cummins 4x4 with 6 spd and Edge EZ box. Trailer is a homemade creation of mine with lift off fenders and 3 5200 lb axels.
I was loaded to repair a driveway about 1000 ft long, customers wants ditches where possible amongst the granite. Remove the boulders from the gravel in the ditches and spread the spoil on the road bed. Then smooth up 4" of A gravel over top. Hoe for ditching, grapple to rake boulders from gravel, smooth buckets for leveling, (handier to leave tilt attach on the one) and pallet frorks for those really big nuggets
Ken

Tigerotor77W

Well its not real fancy but here is how I'm setup

On the trailer I have 773, and 709 hoe, forks, 72" bucket with tilt tatch and a grapple and a 66" bucket on the truck. If I need my auger it goes between the two attachments on the truck.
Truck is an 02 Cummins 4x4 with 6 spd and Edge EZ box. Trailer is a homemade creation of mine with lift off fenders and 3 5200 lb axels.
I was loaded to repair a driveway about 1000 ft long, customers wants ditches where possible amongst the granite. Remove the boulders from the gravel in the ditches and spread the spoil on the road bed. Then smooth up 4" of A gravel over top. Hoe for ditching, grapple to rake boulders from gravel, smooth buckets for leveling, (handier to leave tilt attach on the one) and pallet frorks for those really big nuggets
Ken
Nice setup, Ken!