Engine Removal Tool Dimensions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

TriHonu

Do any of you know if the Engine Removal Tool for the 8 Series loaders has the same dimensions as the one for the 7 Series below?
If you have made one, what wall thickness did you use on the 1-1/2" tube?

EngineLiftTool.jpg

Tazza

Staff member
That is a good question, my manuals are at home so i can't check just yet.
Can you look up my profile and send me an email? i can look it up for you. Also let me know what machine you are looking at working on so i can look it up.

Tazza

Staff member
That is a good question, my manuals are at home so i can't check just yet.
Can you look up my profile and send me an email? i can look it up for you. Also let me know what machine you are looking at working on so i can look it up.
Those figures match my manual too, i'll send you an email link to it.

Bobcatdan

Those figures match my manual too, i'll send you an email link to it.
My 2¢ regarding the removal bracket. Unless you have an overhead hoist with at least 12' of working height, the bracket is useless. A cherrypicker doesn't lift high enough to use it. Even when working in a shop with nice hoist setup, I personally prefer a cherry picker for this job. A well placed chain can lift an engine/hydro combo out very nicely. I have not used the bracket in years, even after we got the new OTC made bracket as a manatory factory service tool.

antfarmer2

My 2¢ regarding the removal bracket. Unless you have an overhead hoist with at least 12' of working height, the bracket is useless. A cherrypicker doesn't lift high enough to use it. Even when working in a shop with nice hoist setup, I personally prefer a cherry picker for this job. A well placed chain can lift an engine/hydro combo out very nicely. I have not used the bracket in years, even after we got the new OTC made bracket as a manatory factory service tool.
I pulled mine by backing a trailer behind the cat and just wiggled it out had my hundred pound wife stand on a crowbar to get it over the lip the found a cheap cherry picker to help put it back I had the rad oil cooler and muffler all on the metal plate in one piece out so it was easy and ujoints were a piece of cake

Tazza

Staff member
I pulled mine by backing a trailer behind the cat and just wiggled it out had my hundred pound wife stand on a crowbar to get it over the lip the found a cheap cherry picker to help put it back I had the rad oil cooler and muffler all on the metal plate in one piece out so it was easy and ujoints were a piece of cake
Antfarmer - the 743 is a little different. The 743 you just remove the engine, 4 bolts a few other bits and it slides out. The newer ones you pull the engine and pump assembily out as one. It weighs a lot more than an engine alone.
I actually used the jig for a 753 when i had to remove/replace the pump/motor a few times trying to isolate an issue. It worked very well, clearance was not great but i got it done.
Working alone, the jig makes it easy, with a helper, just a chain and get the helper to hold the pump end up.

Latest posts