Engine Oil Filters

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Chandler

What brand engine oil filter do you use on your Bobcat? I usually buy the Bobcat brand from my dealer, but like now, I need to change the oil, but will have to drive an hour to the dealership. Are there any filters that are just as good?

OP
OP
C

Chandler

I use Baldwin or Hastings filters. The numbers for your Bobcat filter number 6675517 are Baldwin B163, Hastings LF142. You can look up all your filters(oil, fuel, hyd. and air) on their websites.
http://catalog.baldwinfilter.com/startoffhighwayapps.html
http://catalog.hastingsfilter.com/startoffhighwayapps.html
Thanks a lot. I will check them out. I will probably get a couple so I won't have to wait next time. You get the hydraulic and fuel filters from them too?

OldMachinist

Thanks a lot. I will check them out. I will probably get a couple so I won't have to wait next time. You get the hydraulic and fuel filters from them too?
I buy them by the case from this place http://www.bfwebexpress.com/default.htm By the case they're about half price. I bought a case oil, air and fuel filters and just a couple of hydraulic filters. It was a couple hundred bucks but I have them on hand any time I need one that way.

OP
OP
C

Chandler

I buy them by the case from this place http://www.bfwebexpress.com/default.htm By the case they're about half price. I bought a case oil, air and fuel filters and just a couple of hydraulic filters. It was a couple hundred bucks but I have them on hand any time I need one that way.
Thats what I need to do too. I appreciate the info and your help.

jmatt20

Thats what I need to do too. I appreciate the info and your help.
i just ordered from fleetfilter.com wix/napa they have all of the filters for 331 excavators and s220 bobcats , i called them up and told them what i was looking for and he gave me all of the numbers. some time ago i went to my local napa store and bought a 220 hydraulic filter ..about 60 bucks ..i knew they were expensive but i thought that was steep . i called the local dealer and priced it ...the dealer was about 6 dll cheaper..wtf !!! everybody should be able to beat the dealer price . when i pulled the factory filter out of the machine and compared it to the wix/napa it was the same filter ..it didn't just look about right ..i'm sure it came from the same factory using the same tooling!! anyway fleetfilter charge me exactly half of what my local napa store price was ..i got 10% discount for order over 150 $ and that was about what the shipping came to plus i'm out of state so no sales tax ..190$ worth of filters delivered to my door for 190$

Tazza

Staff member
i just ordered from fleetfilter.com wix/napa they have all of the filters for 331 excavators and s220 bobcats , i called them up and told them what i was looking for and he gave me all of the numbers. some time ago i went to my local napa store and bought a 220 hydraulic filter ..about 60 bucks ..i knew they were expensive but i thought that was steep . i called the local dealer and priced it ...the dealer was about 6 dll cheaper..wtf !!! everybody should be able to beat the dealer price . when i pulled the factory filter out of the machine and compared it to the wix/napa it was the same filter ..it didn't just look about right ..i'm sure it came from the same factory using the same tooling!! anyway fleetfilter charge me exactly half of what my local napa store price was ..i got 10% discount for order over 150 $ and that was about what the shipping came to plus i'm out of state so no sales tax ..190$ worth of filters delivered to my door for 190$
For filters that are commonly used, i find the dealer is pretty close to what you can get non-genuine ones for. It will be because they are moving so many of them, they can put less of a mark up.
Engine oil filters you can generally get cheaper, but the hydraulic ones, i find are pretty close if not the same price.

jeffco

For filters that are commonly used, i find the dealer is pretty close to what you can get non-genuine ones for. It will be because they are moving so many of them, they can put less of a mark up.
Engine oil filters you can generally get cheaper, but the hydraulic ones, i find are pretty close if not the same price.
In over 30 years of cutting every imaginable filter open I have seen the quality deteriorate and yes even my one time favorite Baldwin, but through the course of time Wix has stayed concistent in quality by my standards. Fleetfilter.com has the best prices for wix/napa filters that I have found. Stay with NAPA gold as it is a copy of the wix filter, some napa silver filters are rather cheap inside. This is based on my professional opinion and has served me well for many years. Jeffco

Frank Rizzo

Donaldson makes the Bobcat OEM filters FYI. As for the dealer being about the same price as aftermarket it seems hit or miss but as a whole when doing a complete service the dealer is usually right with the Napa's, carquest's, and etc....

siduramaxde

Donaldson makes the Bobcat OEM filters FYI. As for the dealer being about the same price as aftermarket it seems hit or miss but as a whole when doing a complete service the dealer is usually right with the Napa's, carquest's, and etc....
I use Napa gold on everything. I buy filters once a year when Napa has a farm filter sale. I usually end up buying about $400 worth of filters.