Dump trailer made from 5x8 store bought

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Unicam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1yEzQEfZOU I decided to start with a 5x8 big tex utility trailer. I was looking high and low for a used suitable trailer with 3500lb axle with no decent results. All i found was 600-700$ rotten trailers needing 225$ worth of tires, lights etc. I figured i'd start with a brand new trailer with 3500lb axle, led's etc. ( it was 1150$ + tax and tag). This is a light duty dumper. I needed to be able to pull it around my yard with my atv.... but still wanted to be able to haul 1 yard of aggregate if the need be. 1 yard is over legal capacity but it will do it, the axle does have brake flanges so i could retrofit it but cost is an issue. The video was the very first attempt at a dump and it was loaded to the max with .9 yard of gravel sand mix. I've dumped half a dozen loads of logs and brush and it works like a champ so far.

Tazza

Staff member
Interesting way of dumping, i was trying to work out how you got it to lift with the winch then i saw the lever :)
I like the fact you can move it with your ATV and dump anywhere, no need for power/hydraulics to dump it.
The only concern i would have with using an ATV is the weight, the one thing you don't want is for the dirt to stick while lifting and over balance and flip with the ATV attached and possibly catch you on the way. A stabilizer leg at the rear may help make it more stable?

mmsllc

Interesting way of dumping, i was trying to work out how you got it to lift with the winch then i saw the lever :)
I like the fact you can move it with your ATV and dump anywhere, no need for power/hydraulics to dump it.
The only concern i would have with using an ATV is the weight, the one thing you don't want is for the dirt to stick while lifting and over balance and flip with the ATV attached and possibly catch you on the way. A stabilizer leg at the rear may help make it more stable?
That looks ideal for light / home use. How much cash did you end up spending on doing that??

OP
OP
U

Unicam

That looks ideal for light / home use. How much cash did you end up spending on doing that??
I think i have 1600-1700$ into it. But i think i'll try to sell the ramp gate that came on it. seeing as it's a brand new take-off i think i could get 150-200$ for it. there's an older gate on cl for 250$.

Latest posts