Drivemotor carrier oil??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

siduramaxde

Kudagra, goodtech, or anyone that might know,
I changed the drivemotor carrier oil again today after about 100 hours of use since the last time I changed it in my t200. The first time I changed it, one side didn't have very much oil in it at all (a few drops of black oil came out). I filled it up with new oil and put the machine to work. Well, when I changed it this time plenty of oil came out but it was very black on the side that priviously had little oil. I guess this is good because the oil didn't leak out in the 100 hours but I am concerned about how dirty the oil was that came out. Does the dirty oil indicate a problem or is it possible that since there was very little oil in there the first time it wore the bearings a bit and this made the oil dirty? Anyone have a thought on this????
Rod

skidsteer.ca

I'd try changing it in 25 or 50 more hours and see if the level stays up and more importantly that hopefully the oil begins to look cleaner. Was there any steel in it or just black oil?

OP
OP
S

siduramaxde

I'd try changing it in 25 or 50 more hours and see if the level stays up and more importantly that hopefully the oil begins to look cleaner. Was there any steel in it or just black oil?
There were no metal flakes or shavings in the old oil. Also, after thinking about this for a bit, would it be ok to drain the oil from this side and fill it up with a high detergent oil (ATF)?? Then run it for a few minutes and drain again and keep doing this till it is clean??? It is really easy to change the oil in these carriers and, if I'm correct, all the oil does is bath the carrier bearings. Anyone think the ATF thig is a good idea to clean it up and then put syn 90w back in???

Tazza

Staff member
There were no metal flakes or shavings in the old oil. Also, after thinking about this for a bit, would it be ok to drain the oil from this side and fill it up with a high detergent oil (ATF)?? Then run it for a few minutes and drain again and keep doing this till it is clean??? It is really easy to change the oil in these carriers and, if I'm correct, all the oil does is bath the carrier bearings. Anyone think the ATF thig is a good idea to clean it up and then put syn 90w back in???
If it was me, i would do as ken said. Just replace the oil and change it in a few hours. Repeat until its clean again. I wouldn't risk using a different oil, even if its just for a short period of time. If there are no metal flakes, i wouldn't worry.
It may help remove the black sludge by running the machine a bit before you change the oil. It may assist in suspending the all the particles in the oil, just like when doing an engine oil change.

goodtech

If it was me, i would do as ken said. Just replace the oil and change it in a few hours. Repeat until its clean again. I wouldn't risk using a different oil, even if its just for a short period of time. If there are no metal flakes, i wouldn't worry.
It may help remove the black sludge by running the machine a bit before you change the oil. It may assist in suspending the all the particles in the oil, just like when doing an engine oil change.
Do Not add any different oils into this system. I would change the oil out agian in about 20 hrs and let us know how it looks. Bobcat has a fix on there problem but it is not a cheap one. The have a new drive motor with a bigger bearing in it, which is holding up great so far. But the guys who keep there oil changed with the small bearings are still hanging in there. Just make sure 90cc of 90w sythetic oil.

OP
OP
S

siduramaxde

Do Not add any different oils into this system. I would change the oil out agian in about 20 hrs and let us know how it looks. Bobcat has a fix on there problem but it is not a cheap one. The have a new drive motor with a bigger bearing in it, which is holding up great so far. But the guys who keep there oil changed with the small bearings are still hanging in there. Just make sure 90cc of 90w sythetic oil.
Thanks for the info again. I have found that the carrier will only hold the 90cc of oil if the drain/fill hole is at the very top of it's rotation. So, if you guys don't have a syringe to put the oil in, all you have to do is basically put the hole at the top of it's rotation and fill it till it starts to run out.
Goodtech, how much is the replacement part??
This is probably the easiest maintanence on the machine and it is fairly cheap to do (less than $5.00) .

skidsteer.ca

Thanks for the info again. I have found that the carrier will only hold the 90cc of oil if the drain/fill hole is at the very top of it's rotation. So, if you guys don't have a syringe to put the oil in, all you have to do is basically put the hole at the top of it's rotation and fill it till it starts to run out.
Goodtech, how much is the replacement part??
This is probably the easiest maintanence on the machine and it is fairly cheap to do (less than $5.00) .
Which models have the small bearings and which models got the larger ones?
I'm considering one of these in the future but would like to aquire one that is the updated one.
Ken

janb

""Just make sure 90cc of 90w sythetic oil.""/ Drive Motor Carrier???/ My 864 says 10w-40 I was just checking in to see If I could use 15w40 Amsoil in this application (since I buy it by the barrel...) I've got to baby this 864, only 600hrs with 50% stationary from Stumpgrinding and chipping. One very slight leak on rear idler, it looks to be 90W (4,5 drops in last year - the dead of early Bobcat CTL's) Bought it 15 months ago w/ 350hrs and 8 attachments, have only added a combo bucket, but really need a 'boom flail', I'm trying to avoid too much 'contract' work, and just using it to 'spiff and sell' my own rural props. www.brushmunchers.com

goodtech

""Just make sure 90cc of 90w sythetic oil.""/ Drive Motor Carrier???/ My 864 says 10w-40 I was just checking in to see If I could use 15w40 Amsoil in this application (since I buy it by the barrel...) I've got to baby this 864, only 600hrs with 50% stationary from Stumpgrinding and chipping. One very slight leak on rear idler, it looks to be 90W (4,5 drops in last year - the dead of early Bobcat CTL's) Bought it 15 months ago w/ 350hrs and 8 attachments, have only added a combo bucket, but really need a 'boom flail', I'm trying to avoid too much 'contract' work, and just using it to 'spiff and sell' my own rural props. www.brushmunchers.com
I have not yet seen anywhere where it says to put 15/40 in the drive motor carrier. In all bobcat drive motors, the atleast take a 90w oil......you put 15/40 in there you are going to have some really expensive trouble

janb

I have not yet seen anywhere where it says to put 15/40 in the drive motor carrier. In all bobcat drive motors, the atleast take a 90w oil......you put 15/40 in there you are going to have some really expensive trouble
"I have not yet seen anywhere where it says to put 15/40 in the drive motor carrier. " both my 864 and T200 manuals (service and Operator) say 10/40 in Drive Motor Carrier and Rollers and Idlers, Am I missing a TSB ??