Drive motor or Hydrostatic pump?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

toohp

Ok so my old 763 is finally giving me signs something major is on the way out but which is it ?its done 8000 hrs approx It's started to growl when turning its become slower in turning and dosn't appear strong but Im not pushing it now Im just taking nice slow wider turns to keep it going . I think it's a bit slower in a straight line too . The only hyd part Ive replaced in the past is the Lift pump and thats all good there , so is this the Hydrostatic motor on the way out ?

Tazza

Staff member
It is possible the pump and motors are wearing out, but i remember a post in here of a machine that had 12 or 20,000 hours, on it's second or third engine. Hopefully it's something simple.
Have you replaced the hydraulic filter?
Even if it's a bit worn, you can flatten the wear plates and get more life out of it. The seals may be going bad in the motors, but if it's the older style, they are just Orings, cheap to replace.
If you do dig into the pump and motors, let me know and i can send you pictures of what to expect.

7LBSSMALLIE

It is possible the pump and motors are wearing out, but i remember a post in here of a machine that had 12 or 20,000 hours, on it's second or third engine. Hopefully it's something simple.
Have you replaced the hydraulic filter?
Even if it's a bit worn, you can flatten the wear plates and get more life out of it. The seals may be going bad in the motors, but if it's the older style, they are just Orings, cheap to replace.
If you do dig into the pump and motors, let me know and i can send you pictures of what to expect.
first step drain hyd filter into clean container. sparkly. bad second step remove case drain fiters. same sparkly bad most likely sceniroe is hi to low leak in drive motor seals. going to find oring blown under white cup seal..

Latest posts