drive motor life!!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

7LBSSMALLIE

to all concerned and those that do own maint!!! the official line is that units in extreme conditions.(which i take to mean picking up rock and dirt and moving it) is to decrease the oil change on hub oil from 1000 hrs to 500 hrs. i know its a pain on smaller units having to remove track and all ,but time and money well spent, there is currently no altertnet oil avail small units get quater bottle per side big half. hope this saves you expense and down time. note prior to change get motors hot dont freak out if oil is sparkly or not enough comes out. or not enough goes in just (to paraphrase)GET IT DONE... DONT FORGET THE CASE DRAINS

Fishfiles

the oil is available now from other sources than Bobcat , Bobcat has also changed it's source for the oil , originally it was Mobile 150 synthic gear oil and if you ask your local oil rep he can get it for you , it is expenssive , I am not sure what brand Bobcat is using now but have been told by my parts manager of the change , and you can see the color is much different now , it use to be clear as water and now has the color of honey

OP
OP

7LBSSMALLIE

the oil is available now from other sources than Bobcat , Bobcat has also changed it's source for the oil , originally it was Mobile 150 synthic gear oil and if you ask your local oil rep he can get it for you , it is expenssive , I am not sure what brand Bobcat is using now but have been told by my parts manager of the change , and you can see the color is much different now , it use to be clear as water and now has the color of honey
good post good info, now lets get owners to do it,, so 30 bucks in fluid or 3.000, in motors ,(MAINT MAINT MAINT) and no women no cry when not done.

mrdeere1959

Fluid price is dropping from about $50 a bottle to somewhere under $20.
You don't have to take the track off. just loosen the bleed screw, use a come along from the loader arm down to the track by the sprocket, pull the track up and remove the sprocket, its a pain to put the oil in from the top. I use a syring and push the oil in from the bottom. about an 1/2 hr. per side

OP
OP

7LBSSMALLIE

You don't have to take the track off. just loosen the bleed screw, use a come along from the loader arm down to the track by the sprocket, pull the track up and remove the sprocket, its a pain to put the oil in from the top. I use a syring and push the oil in from the bottom. about an 1/2 hr. per side
that almost makes sense. but confirmening you got the right amount of oil ,in it a 3000 a pop i need to know not guess , good thought though refine it.