drive motor leaking

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

daewoo601

bought all new seals for drive motor because it was leaking hydro oil in my chain case filling it all the way up. when i rebuilt it it is not leaking where the blue motor meets up against the yellow section which is where the main bearing carrier seal is i guess to keep the oil from leaking in the chain case. I don't understand why it would be leaking at this spot not. see video link to watch it leak when i start up skidloader. https://photos.app.goo.gl/CYTHKWTayU133zVm2 its a 1997 daewoo skidloader. I know should be posting this in the daewoo room but i notice nobody including myself gets responses as my question has sat in there forever. someone please try to help here. thanks

Tazza

Staff member
I couldn't get the video to play on my computer :(
It soulds like oil is getting past the carrier seals, if your drive motor has 3 hoses, ensure the small hose is not plugged somewhere along the line, it will cause excessive pressure that will push past the seal to the chain case. It could also be a bad carier seal or bad bearing allowing it to move and leak past.