drive line issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wackman

I was driving my xt40 today and suddenly a loud clank and it died. Started up, fine if I go slow, a bit faster, same thing. Afraid to break something-- I get it in the shop, and find that the pin that goes thru the brake plate, the one you can push in by hand, (don't know what its called) was loose on the firewall. both sides were loose, I tightened them up, but it still has the problem. I am wondering if the drive chains are too tight or what would make this happen. I'm not sure what to do, since the pin mounts are stable now. Am I about ready to see something nasty happen?

OP
OP
W

wackman

FYI for anyone who sees this. I went to town and talked to the old Case Mechanic. He told me that the cable that holds the pin back will stretch out over time. I pulled the cable tight to clear the pin and wired it back. That works. I ordered a new cable (expensive bastard, surprise, surprise) He told me it would be a bear to change, that was obvious as it's impossible to get at. Sounds like a real fun project coming up this weekend.

Tazza

Staff member
FYI for anyone who sees this. I went to town and talked to the old Case Mechanic. He told me that the cable that holds the pin back will stretch out over time. I pulled the cable tight to clear the pin and wired it back. That works. I ordered a new cable (expensive bastard, surprise, surprise) He told me it would be a bear to change, that was obvious as it's impossible to get at. Sounds like a real fun project coming up this weekend.
Glad you worked it out, shame the part is expensive...