doosan vs bobcat

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rickyboy

does anyhave info on the doosan skid steer, I have a 743 bobcat and it has been great but it is starting to get tired, I can get a great deal on a doosan. is it worth it or should I just stick with bobcat?

perry

I think it was fish who said, bobcat is skid steers, not a secondary division.

Fishfiles

I think it was fish who said, bobcat is skid steers, not a secondary division.
Rickyboy , here is a link to copy and paste to see the Doosan skidsteer , look to the right middle of the page and click on one of the two sizes , I have never see one here in New Orleans , USA and would like to know more , I seen an information contact link on the web page , I think that page may be South Africa never spent alot of time yet on the subject , were did you see a Doosan --------Bobcat was purchased by Doosan but I get no answer when I ask when are things going to change except that this year a new design will be out , that might be it , that machine looks more like a Case on setroids than anything Bobcat , first impression : solid , beefy ------------------------- http://www.doosan.co.za/products.html

Fishfiles

Rickyboy , here is a link to copy and paste to see the Doosan skidsteer , look to the right middle of the page and click on one of the two sizes , I have never see one here in New Orleans , USA and would like to know more , I seen an information contact link on the web page , I think that page may be South Africa never spent alot of time yet on the subject , were did you see a Doosan --------Bobcat was purchased by Doosan but I get no answer when I ask when are things going to change except that this year a new design will be out , that might be it , that machine looks more like a Case on setroids than anything Bobcat , first impression : solid , beefy ------------------------- http://www.doosan.co.za/products.html
I was really hoping for this thread to be full of information this morning , some body has got to know something -----------I have so many questions ----if the Bobcat name will stay on the machines or doosan , will they still be white , black and orange , will they still be built xxx ( assemblied ) in the USA , will parts still be available for the older models , when can I get a new hat and do they come in black ? -----------inquiring minds need to know

R1wingman

I was really hoping for this thread to be full of information this morning , some body has got to know something -----------I have so many questions ----if the Bobcat name will stay on the machines or doosan , will they still be white , black and orange , will they still be built xxx ( assemblied ) in the USA , will parts still be available for the older models , when can I get a new hat and do they come in black ? -----------inquiring minds need to know
Hey Fish, How is it going? I don't have full details, but I can tell you a few things. I can tell you that the name and color is not going anywhere. I can't say for sure that some machine production won't be moved, but the US facilities will continue to produce, whether it is Bobcat or Doosan equipment, but I believe products sold in the US will be mfg here in the US. Bobcat was a great acquisition for Doosan because #1, they had no North American dealer presence and as the guys on this site know, Bobcat's distribution network is second to none. #2, Doosan dabbled in the SSL market, but their machines are behind several yrs in comparison to the Bobcat SSL. The acquisition was also good for Bobcat because it immediatly gave them a presense in the Asian Pacific through the Doosan channel who is well known over there. Now, as far as the new design is concerned. This was in the works before Doosan took over, so don't think this is going to be some poor quality Asian made machine with low tolerance levels etc. The Koreans actually build an outstanding product and even though I'm sure they have given suggestions and helped in the final design, this machine is going to be everything you have expected to get from Bobcat in years past. It is going to be a great machine! Anyway, I hope this helps answer some of the questions floating around. Doosan didn't buy Bobcat for $4.7 billion to come in and upset the business. They are looking to mesh with Bobcat and take advantage of synergies between the two companies and use best practices from both sides to continue keeping them as a leader in the SSL market!! Have a good one!

LazyDude

Hey Fish, How is it going? I don't have full details, but I can tell you a few things. I can tell you that the name and color is not going anywhere. I can't say for sure that some machine production won't be moved, but the US facilities will continue to produce, whether it is Bobcat or Doosan equipment, but I believe products sold in the US will be mfg here in the US. Bobcat was a great acquisition for Doosan because #1, they had no North American dealer presence and as the guys on this site know, Bobcat's distribution network is second to none. #2, Doosan dabbled in the SSL market, but their machines are behind several yrs in comparison to the Bobcat SSL. The acquisition was also good for Bobcat because it immediatly gave them a presense in the Asian Pacific through the Doosan channel who is well known over there. Now, as far as the new design is concerned. This was in the works before Doosan took over, so don't think this is going to be some poor quality Asian made machine with low tolerance levels etc. The Koreans actually build an outstanding product and even though I'm sure they have given suggestions and helped in the final design, this machine is going to be everything you have expected to get from Bobcat in years past. It is going to be a great machine! Anyway, I hope this helps answer some of the questions floating around. Doosan didn't buy Bobcat for $4.7 billion to come in and upset the business. They are looking to mesh with Bobcat and take advantage of synergies between the two companies and use best practices from both sides to continue keeping them as a leader in the SSL market!! Have a good one!
I've had a Doosan 450 Plus for two years now - has a cummins engine, very fuel efficient, runs great. Dealers are scarce but nearly the entire vehicle is made of U.S. spec parts so getting parts isn't as hard as one might think. I've moved a lot of dirt, rocks & snow and couldn't find fault with my machine - a very sturdy, well designed skid steer.

pondfishr

I've had a Doosan 450 Plus for two years now - has a cummins engine, very fuel efficient, runs great. Dealers are scarce but nearly the entire vehicle is made of U.S. spec parts so getting parts isn't as hard as one might think. I've moved a lot of dirt, rocks & snow and couldn't find fault with my machine - a very sturdy, well designed skid steer.
Can you offer what model Doosan and the asking price?

LazyDude

My Daewoo 450 Plus had 60 hours on it, is a 2005 year model and I paid $23,000.
And by the way, dealers around here (MT) wanted nearly that for 99-01 yr used Newholland or Bobcat of equivalant power/weight with 3000-4000 hours on them.

pondfishr

And by the way, dealers around here (MT) wanted nearly that for 99-01 yr used Newholland or Bobcat of equivalant power/weight with 3000-4000 hours on them.
The reason I was asking is there was a guy on the forum a few months ago offering 430's for 15k. I don't remember if they were the plus model but it seemed like a good price.

simondevelopments

The reason I was asking is there was a guy on the forum a few months ago offering 430's for 15k. I don't remember if they were the plus model but it seemed like a good price.
I would recommend checking out the doosan and bocat skid steer listings on this page. You should get a good idea of the benefits and features of each and help steer you towards what would be a better fit for you needs: http://equipment.forconstructionpros.com/list/Earthmoving_Equipment-Compact/Skid_Steer_Loaders

thetintman

Looking for the parts to rebuild my quick attach and having a hard time with that. A 100 kits on ebay and Amazon but I don't wanna get the wrong stuff. I have been searching for months [email protected] if you can help thanks