Does a S250 have a common rail fuel injection system?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Aston08

Was thinking about trying some RESTORE oil additive in a S250 in an attempt to get a little bit extra life out of the motor before a rebuild. I am 99% sure it has a common rail fuel injection system (RESTORE doesn't work with HEUI), but I thought I would double check.

Tazza

Staff member
My S250 does not use a common rail system, it's a standard injection system.
It runs a 3.3litre turbo Kubota engine.
To know for sure it's not common rail, look for the injector pump, if it has 4 lines going from it to each injector, it's a standard style one. Common rail will have wires running to each injector and should have one high pressure fuel rail that links each injector together.
What is your engine doing that you feel you need to run restore through it?

OP
OP
A

Aston08

My S250 does not use a common rail system, it's a standard injection system.
It runs a 3.3litre turbo Kubota engine.
To know for sure it's not common rail, look for the injector pump, if it has 4 lines going from it to each injector, it's a standard style one. Common rail will have wires running to each injector and should have one high pressure fuel rail that links each injector together.
What is your engine doing that you feel you need to run restore through it?
Apparently had something wrong with air filtration in a really dusty environment and scored the cylinders somewhat. It doesn't seem to be losing power yet, just blows white smoke. I was just reading the FAQ and thought I would double check, "Can RESTORE be used in diesel engines? Yes, RESTORE is effective in diesel engines. We recommend using it only in diesel engines that have "common rail" fuel injection systems. It is not formulated for use in HEUI fuel systems which are used in Ford Powerstroke diesel engines."

Tazza

Staff member
Apparently had something wrong with air filtration in a really dusty environment and scored the cylinders somewhat. It doesn't seem to be losing power yet, just blows white smoke. I was just reading the FAQ and thought I would double check, "Can RESTORE be used in diesel engines? Yes, RESTORE is effective in diesel engines. We recommend using it only in diesel engines that have "common rail" fuel injection systems. It is not formulated for use in HEUI fuel systems which are used in Ford Powerstroke diesel engines."
White smoke is generally unburnt fuel, black is excessive fuel to air ratio.
I wonder if you could run some injector cleaner through the system to see if it helps somewhat. If the power is still good, and you feel the cylinders are a bit scored from dust, change the oil more regularly to get out any possible contamination that could be making it worse.

BCATMECH25

A Bobcat S250 does not use a common rail system in them. Bobcat started to first use the common rail system in there it4 engines in the newer serial # S770 & T770 machines.

Latest posts