Do you name your machines?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

SlowDave

Back in the days of traction engines machines were given names. I carry on that tradition. For example my Chinese tractor we named after the famous Asian aviator Sum Ting Wong but we usually just refer to it as the Chinaman. Since the 443B was purchased to work in tight spaces we named it after that famous striper Bridget the Midget. Smaller tools often get names too like La Nina, my worthless Milwaukee cordless Skilsaw. So what names have you given your equipment?

Wayne440

Mine don't get names beyond "go get the Bobcat", "let's use the trencher", etc. until they break- then they are called many colorful things.

OP
OP
S

SlowDave

Yes we have many colorful names too. Particularly frustrating tools tend to get named after politicians, both sides of the aisle, we are equal opportunity haters.

mrbb

my machines all came from the factory with model names,/numbers , So, I just stick with that to keep things simple, all the more so if others are helping out, saves on having to waste time explaining nicknames

Fabricator

I don't name my equipment, but years ago a kitten showed up sitting outside on my Bobcat skidloader, so he was adopted into the household and is Bob the Cat.

Fabricator

He's made himself right at home. Quite the change from the scrawny little kitten that showed up here.

IMG_5891edit.JPG