do you cover your bobcat ?? insurance

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

1ofU

i was thinking about adding my bobcat 825 to my insurance for loss , i know the replacement value isnt that high but it might cover the cost of a used replacement
anyone have any thoughts or comments on insurance ??
ive seen a handfull of bobcat for sale that has caught fire that got me thinking
about the insurance ..
1 of U

Cyclone Ranger

I recently posed this question to my State Farm agent who told me if the skid loader is used excusively for property maintenance then it is covered under the standard home owners policy.

OP
OP
1ofU

1ofU

I recently posed this question to my State Farm agent who told me if the skid loader is used excusively for property maintenance then it is covered under the standard home owners policy.
Cyclone Ranger :
yeah we have the same , i was told that to as long as it on my land then it's covered
State Farm also said that they dont even offer any kind of a ryder by any underwriter for skid steers , that it would fall under that i had to have a construction company and have any machines through it . so if i take it to my kids house to do some work then the machine is on it's own during transit and away from my property.
I wanted some type of ryder for when it is away from my home and at my kids's home.
1 of U

SkidRoe

Cyclone Ranger :
yeah we have the same , i was told that to as long as it on my land then it's covered
State Farm also said that they dont even offer any kind of a ryder by any underwriter for skid steers , that it would fall under that i had to have a construction company and have any machines through it . so if i take it to my kids house to do some work then the machine is on it's own during transit and away from my property.
I wanted some type of ryder for when it is away from my home and at my kids's home.
1 of U
I have coverage on my machine. I do 1-3 off-property jobs per month, mainly for friends, definitely not as a full time business - just beer money. The policy that I have is pretty cost effective, about $7 per month. Peace of mind if nothing else.
Cheers,
SR

OP
OP
1ofU

1ofU

I have coverage on my machine. I do 1-3 off-property jobs per month, mainly for friends, definitely not as a full time business - just beer money. The policy that I have is pretty cost effective, about $7 per month. Peace of mind if nothing else.
Cheers,
SR
Skidroe
can you tell me what state you are in and who carries / writes the policy as the may offer something like what you have in Missouri or have a underwriter .
Thanks
1 of U
Jess

farmboy55

Skidroe
can you tell me what state you are in and who carries / writes the policy as the may offer something like what you have in Missouri or have a underwriter .
Thanks
1 of U
Jess
I have Ins. to many skidsteers get stolen and the Ins. is pretty cheap.

OP
OP
1ofU

1ofU

I have Ins. to many skidsteers get stolen and the Ins. is pretty cheap.
Can you guys list who writes the policy
i can ck on the net and see if they write anything in MO .
Thanks Jess

SkidRoe

Can you guys list who writes the policy
i can ck on the net and see if they write anything in MO .
Thanks Jess
Hey 1 of U,
I am in Ontario, Canada. I deal with one of the local mutual insurance companies that does a lot of ag policies. I have everything except my motorcycle insurance with them.
I believe that the insurance that I have on my Bobcat is an additional rider on my home policy, simply covers it for accidental damage to the machine, as well as theft, while it is off-property.
Hope this helps,
SR

Latest posts