Disconnect fall out bar

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Nacho Daddy

Hi, new to your forum. I hope you can help me. I'm looking to remove the fall out bar on my t190. I plan on putting it back on again so I'm not looking to damage anything in the process. Any help,would be great. I have to run it again all day on Monday. I'd like to take it off before then. Thanks so much...,

OP
OP
N

Nacho Daddy

If I in bolt and remove it... What do I do with the wires that were hooked up to it?
Over the last 7 months I've had medical problems and I've gained weight. I need to remove the bar so I can keep working. I have 4 operations planned during the next 2 years to correct the problems... But I really have to take that bar out as its killing me pressing against my stomach all day. Any helps appreciated. Thanks.

farmshop

Over the last 7 months I've had medical problems and I've gained weight. I need to remove the bar so I can keep working. I have 4 operations planned during the next 2 years to correct the problems... But I really have to take that bar out as its killing me pressing against my stomach all day. Any helps appreciated. Thanks.
Not sure on the 190 but older machines we just magnetic switches a simple jumper may work if all else fails cut it down and leave everything else that way you could keep the arm rest portion

OP
OP
N

Nacho Daddy

Not sure on the 190 but older machines we just magnetic switches a simple jumper may work if all else fails cut it down and leave everything else that way you could keep the arm rest portion
When I'm sitting in the seat to my left looks like the two magnetic connections. This machine is at least 8 years old as I bought it new. 2007-8.

OP
OP
N

Nacho Daddy

When I'm sitting in the seat to my left looks like the two magnetic connections. This machine is at least 8 years old as I bought it new. 2007-8.
Can anyone tell me how to remove the bar! I guess I'll have to wing the rest. I have to get it off of there.

Tazza

Staff member
Can anyone tell me how to remove the bar! I guess I'll have to wing the rest. I have to get it off of there.
I still don't advise removing it, but you are going to do it anyway and you have your reasons.
Removing the bar is easy, two bolts, i assume you are talking about removing and then making it so the machine still works. You will need the magnet from the pivot point and the sensor.Pu tthe two together and rotate the magnet around till the panel lights up to say it's unlocked. You will need to cable tie and tape the two together so it doesn't move or else you will be driving then the brake will come on.

mmsllc

I still don't advise removing it, but you are going to do it anyway and you have your reasons.
Removing the bar is easy, two bolts, i assume you are talking about removing and then making it so the machine still works. You will need the magnet from the pivot point and the sensor.Pu tthe two together and rotate the magnet around till the panel lights up to say it's unlocked. You will need to cable tie and tape the two together so it doesn't move or else you will be driving then the brake will come on.
It is simple to remove the bar. After that, just play around with the magnet switch until it unlocks the machine. Be patient & it will all make sense while doing it. I would advise installing / using a seat belt in its place though. I've had an issue with a 753 that kept shutting down while driving. The worst part is when it shuts down (UNEXPECTEDLY) & the parking brake engages. If you are moving at all when it shuts down, it throws you against that bar & does / did not tickle. It happened to me 4 times before we caught on to the needed repair. Now, if you remove that safety bar, it will most likely throw you out of the machine. Wear a seat belt at the very minimal.

OP
OP
N

Nacho Daddy

It is simple to remove the bar. After that, just play around with the magnet switch until it unlocks the machine. Be patient & it will all make sense while doing it. I would advise installing / using a seat belt in its place though. I've had an issue with a 753 that kept shutting down while driving. The worst part is when it shuts down (UNEXPECTEDLY) & the parking brake engages. If you are moving at all when it shuts down, it throws you against that bar & does / did not tickle. It happened to me 4 times before we caught on to the needed repair. Now, if you remove that safety bar, it will most likely throw you out of the machine. Wear a seat belt at the very minimal.
Yes, I plan on using the seat belt 100% of the time in its place. I've been driving bobcat equipment for 29 years now and I know exactly what you all are talking about. So the magnet and the sensor are on the left side ( when I'm sitting in it?) at full assembly?

Tazza

Staff member
Yes, I plan on using the seat belt 100% of the time in its place. I've been driving bobcat equipment for 29 years now and I know exactly what you all are talking about. So the magnet and the sensor are on the left side ( when I'm sitting in it?) at full assembly?
I believe they are, look for wires, there will only be one sensor for the bar.
I have deactivated seat sensors by doign this before too, the seat rots out, then the it won't unlock.