Disconecting the hydro lines from the drive motor

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

siduramaxde

I am in the process of removing my track drive motors on my T200 and was wondering how much oil will come out of the hoses when I take them off? Will it drain the whole system or just whats in the lines between the pump and motor? What do you guys use to plug the lines?

Fishfiles

one of the small hoses will continue to leak and needs to be pluged going to the case drain # 6 (3/8 JIC M , the split flange hoses will leak whats in them and stop ( chunk of blue paper towel) , a few pointers , tie the hoses up with some mechanic/tie wire out the way , clean all the dirt from around flanges with air or pressure washing before taking loose and plug up the travel motor inlet ports asap , unless your changing out the unit , use a 1'2 drive deep dish socket on a breaker bar to hold the nut on back of the mounting bolts and an impact on the front side bolt head , if you are removing the sprocket use a pick , air and lubricant to clean the three threaded holes on th sprocket used to push the sprocket off the hub , it's 1/2 nc , a bottoming tap is the way to go to clean the threads before you start , when reinstalling a hub by your self , I put a line up pin (Klien) in a hole on each side and can pick it up and line the holes easily first stab and hold it in with a knee till you get a bolt started , you should clean out the case drain filter while it's down , take care to assembly it back the way it goes as it can be put together a few different ways wrong

OP
OP
S

siduramaxde

one of the small hoses will continue to leak and needs to be pluged going to the case drain # 6 (3/8 JIC M , the split flange hoses will leak whats in them and stop ( chunk of blue paper towel) , a few pointers , tie the hoses up with some mechanic/tie wire out the way , clean all the dirt from around flanges with air or pressure washing before taking loose and plug up the travel motor inlet ports asap , unless your changing out the unit , use a 1'2 drive deep dish socket on a breaker bar to hold the nut on back of the mounting bolts and an impact on the front side bolt head , if you are removing the sprocket use a pick , air and lubricant to clean the three threaded holes on th sprocket used to push the sprocket off the hub , it's 1/2 nc , a bottoming tap is the way to go to clean the threads before you start , when reinstalling a hub by your self , I put a line up pin (Klien) in a hole on each side and can pick it up and line the holes easily first stab and hold it in with a knee till you get a bolt started , you should clean out the case drain filter while it's down , take care to assembly it back the way it goes as it can be put together a few different ways wrong
I already have the sprocket off and have cleaned the area real well. I took the case drain filter out and it was clean as a whistle. Also, I have the service manual so it shouldn't be too bad to reassemble. I'm just worried about finding parts. Bobcat has all the parts needed but I really don't want to pay their price. I'm really hoping to source the bearings and seals. Fishfiles, thanks for the pointers.

Fishfiles

I already have the sprocket off and have cleaned the area real well. I took the case drain filter out and it was clean as a whistle. Also, I have the service manual so it shouldn't be too bad to reassemble. I'm just worried about finding parts. Bobcat has all the parts needed but I really don't want to pay their price. I'm really hoping to source the bearings and seals. Fishfiles, thanks for the pointers.
It's about $1,000 for basic bearings and seals , if the housing is also damaged total parts exceeds what it is worth , I don't rebuild them any more , too much time and liability , I had to do one twice once for skimping , really don't think you will find parts after OEM , good luck

OP
OP
S

siduramaxde

It's about $1,000 for basic bearings and seals , if the housing is also damaged total parts exceeds what it is worth , I don't rebuild them any more , too much time and liability , I had to do one twice once for skimping , really don't think you will find parts after OEM , good luck
what did you "skimp" on. I actually took the motor to a hydraulic repair man. He will call and let me how bad it will be.