dip stick came out

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Centurion

Hello all, I have a 1988 743 and when I was doing some work over the weekend, When I started to notice a burning smell, I stopped the machine, opened the back door an had oil everywhere. The dip stick came out! As it was time for an oil change anyway, I proceeded. My thought on how this happened is as I was digging on the stump, the ground was very soft the bobcat sunk in the ground pretty good. When this happened the blow buy tube from the top of the engine going out the bottom of the machine got pinched and closed off the tube. Does this sound like it could have caused this problem? Now I am checking the back of the machine every 10 minutes to be sure all is ok. ANy input would be appreciated.

Fishfiles

i don't really remember what models were covered by a bulliton up date which added a short tube to the block which the dipstick went into instead of going direct into the block and a longer dipstick to make up the tube length , it may have been the 1st of the 753's , I know I put a bunch of them in back then , something to check with your dealer for a mod to the dipstick

Tazza

Staff member
i don't really remember what models were covered by a bulliton up date which added a short tube to the block which the dipstick went into instead of going direct into the block and a longer dipstick to make up the tube length , it may have been the 1st of the 753's , I know I put a bunch of them in back then , something to check with your dealer for a mod to the dipstick
It sure could be that! My breather tube stops at the base of the engine mount so it can't get pinched. Over time they don't hold firm either, could have been a combination of them both.

langoley

It sure could be that! My breather tube stops at the base of the engine mount so it can't get pinched. Over time they don't hold firm either, could have been a combination of them both.
It only came out because of the DIPSTICK running it !!!! Gotcha Fred !!!!