Diesel in engine oil

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

reed2022

Kubota V1902 there is diesel getting into the engine oil. I had the injectors rebuilt last year, about 150 hours on the rebuild. This engine was rebuilt and set for 12 years in a heated shop. I don't know if the injector pump was rebuilt at that time. Where could I check to see if the fuel is getting into the oil around/or through the injector pump. Could it be getting through the injectors? Thanks for any help BJ

Tazza

Staff member
The first place i'd look is the lift pump, this is udner the inejctor pump. If it goes bad, it can allow fuel to get into the oil.
Start with the simple stuff.

OP
OP
R

reed2022

The first place i'd look is the lift pump, this is udner the inejctor pump. If it goes bad, it can allow fuel to get into the oil.
Start with the simple stuff.
Thanks Tazza I'll look in the lift pump!

mike_belben

I totally agree with you 7LBSSMALLE, for the cost of the pump it's easy just to replace. I have one on order to replace the old one. Thanks for your input. BJ Reed
Mechanical injection pumps use a plunger and barrel array in a common galley pressurized by the lift pump. O-rings keep the fuel oil from getting into the lube oil that is pumped in to lubricate the iniection pump cam and roller, bearings etc. If the O rings fail itll end up draining back to the pan. Pull the lift pump and put the rated fuel pressure amount of air into the outlet nipple. If it leaks youve got a bad lift pump. If not, probably injection pump.

Latest posts