Deutz f2l511 hard starting while cold.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ladrhog

I have new Holland l451 with a 2 cylinder deutz motor. It starts really hard the first time of the day. After it is warm it starts great. I would like to do a compression test on it. I know I need to pull the injectors and do a test. Just wondering what the compression should be

bobbari123

Hello! i quess we got same engine in our 641 , there should be somekind of cold start solenoid in it, but it has been removed from our machine and there is pull/push cable attached to lever in pump where that solenoid should be, and when we cold start it we pull handle in cabin and starts really nice when cold.

Tazza

Staff member
Hello! i quess we got same engine in our 641 , there should be somekind of cold start solenoid in it, but it has been removed from our machine and there is pull/push cable attached to lever in pump where that solenoid should be, and when we cold start it we pull handle in cabin and starts really nice when cold.
I was going to suggest the same. Is there a button near the injector pump on the motor? If so, give it a little throttle, press the button then start it.
This is an excess fuel button, it pumps in loads more fuel at startup, when running it goes back to normal. My 731 spun over one or two times before starting, even on the coldest days.

Latest posts