dealership trust

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

7LBSSMALLIE

quick survey. do you trust youre dealer if not why. if so why? mind you this aint official. and can get outta hand real quick. so please keep it clear and concise. no rants and raves. please. a simple surevey. as in I tried to fix it myself( got on the forum) was a little bit out of my depth) took to dealer.?

bobkat843

I remember purchasing my first bobcat. i figured i would let the supposedly experts dealers do the repairs on the machine !one of biggest mistake i ever made .brought it in for new seals on the drive motor . 1300 dollar for a job that took them 3 weeks and i scheduled for that time! The seals lasted 2 weeks. They connected the wire harnesses back ward and ended up splicing into the hot wire to get it running.sorry for the rant but man dealers are thieves with a licence.They never repair they replace.There better mechanics do all the warranty work .never again!

mountainlake

I remember purchasing my first bobcat. i figured i would let the supposedly experts dealers do the repairs on the machine !one of biggest mistake i ever made .brought it in for new seals on the drive motor . 1300 dollar for a job that took them 3 weeks and i scheduled for that time! The seals lasted 2 weeks. They connected the wire harnesses back ward and ended up splicing into the hot wire to get it running.sorry for the rant but man dealers are thieves with a licence.They never repair they replace.There better mechanics do all the warranty work .never again!
If I can help it I'm never taking anything to a dealer, seems like they all are incompetent crooks

Tazza

Staff member
If I can help it I'm never taking anything to a dealer, seems like they all are incompetent crooks
I trust my dealer to supply me parts and advise, i have never had them do any actual work for me, i have done it all myself.
I have a mate in salt lake that used to work for IM bobcat there, he got me loads of parts over the years while he worked there. There was one part i bought new, an aux hydraulic stem. It didn't work straight out of the packet. I needed to disassemble it and free the internals to make it work.
They are like a car dealer, they know their own brand, and they know them well and have access to service information we don't. For this they can charge more for the work.
Sometimes they will get it wrong and have a shitty customer, but i'd like to think that percentage wise, that is a very low figure. There have been posts on here by a few people taht were burnt by their dealer. They got a lemon machine from new and the dealer did little to nothing to help. Hopefully people know that dealerships are privately owned, the poor service you have at one is not the same as the other.

mmsllc

I trust my dealer to supply me parts and advise, i have never had them do any actual work for me, i have done it all myself.
I have a mate in salt lake that used to work for IM bobcat there, he got me loads of parts over the years while he worked there. There was one part i bought new, an aux hydraulic stem. It didn't work straight out of the packet. I needed to disassemble it and free the internals to make it work.
They are like a car dealer, they know their own brand, and they know them well and have access to service information we don't. For this they can charge more for the work.
Sometimes they will get it wrong and have a shitty customer, but i'd like to think that percentage wise, that is a very low figure. There have been posts on here by a few people taht were burnt by their dealer. They got a lemon machine from new and the dealer did little to nothing to help. Hopefully people know that dealerships are privately owned, the poor service you have at one is not the same as the other.
I trust the advise I get from the actual mechanics that work in the service department. I trust the parts guys who help me find what I need. I am not so sure I would trust them to service my stuff because these shops are operated under the ideology of maximum profit. I would not want a new guy touch one of my machines so he could learn on my dime. If just ONE wire gets messed up..... 1.) Would he know what he did? 2.) Would he say anything (at all) as to not look stupid? 3.) Would the service department turn that issue into ANOTHER repair bill for me to senselessly pay? I'm with TAZZA, I trust their advise & parts guys, but not necessarily the mechanics there. I probably would if I knew I was getting the most experienced guy there on his best possible day while he will not be distracted = that's a very tall order though. I think that is a pretty standard thought process for customers having their cars / vehicles worked on.

destro

quick survey. do you trust youre dealer if not why. if so why? mind you this aint official. and can get outta hand real quick. so please keep it clear and concise. no rants and raves. please. a simple surevey. as in I tried to fix it myself( got on the forum) was a little bit out of my depth) took to dealer.?
3 times I made 2 hour to get parts & got wrong ones each time ; just not right / sparky

Wayne440

I won't say I "trust" my nearest Bobcat dealer, but I will say that I am impressed by the way I have been treated by them when buying parts. They know I am not going to do more than a few dollars worth of business with them a year, and downtime doesn't matter much to me- but they don't act like it.

brdgbldr

I always find my part numbers on bobcatpartsonline.com. They now have all of the parts catalogs listed and you can look at them by machine serial number. You can also put in a part number and it will show you all of the pages that the part is on. This is great for looking up the exploded view while working on the machine. Then you can also look at how much Bobcat wants for the part at their store website to compare prices. Then you can put in your serial number again and it will tell you if the part is compatible with your machine or not. Believe it or not, I have actually found some parts through shop.bobcat.com that were cheaper than anywhere else.