Cost of Hi Flow Option

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

farmboy55

Still shopping, what is a ballpark figure on the cost of the Hi Flow & 2 speed option. Looking at a S185 that is suppose to have all options. dennis

skidsteer.ca

The high flow option here is $2000, 2 speed is another $1000.
I was looking at a Nh 170 175 and the salesmn ballparked hi flow at 2800 and 2500 for joysticks (cdn $) . So I would think upper teens for the US.
If I could get 2 speed for 1k I'd jump on it for plowing snow.
Ken

OP
OP
F

farmboy55

I was looking at a Nh 170 175 and the salesmn ballparked hi flow at 2800 and 2500 for joysticks (cdn $) . So I would think upper teens for the US.
If I could get 2 speed for 1k I'd jump on it for plowing snow.
Ken
Thanks for the reply's. Found a S185 2004 in my area 1300 hrs,foam filled tire's & tracks, with all options $23000. Not looked at it yet. Should of knew I would find one with solid tires & tracks. Now that I have a new set sitting in the shop on pallet's. dennis

skidsteer.ca

Wish I had hi flow. Told I cant get it later, bought new with Gold package and thought I had it all at the time
I'm not sure why they even want what they do for hi flow. Adding a second section on the pump, 3/4" plumbing out the boom, a electric flow combiner valve and 2 sets of couplers (one set 1/2" one set 3/4") should not cost that much.
When I converted my LS 160 it seemed a shame to remove the boom lines and install the larger ones. NH could have spend a extra $50 and put the larger plumbing on in the first place. At LPS the 2 section pump is actually less then the single pump for my loader, go figure
Ken

sp6x6

I'm not sure why they even want what they do for hi flow. Adding a second section on the pump, 3/4" plumbing out the boom, a electric flow combiner valve and 2 sets of couplers (one set 1/2" one set 3/4") should not cost that much.
When I converted my LS 160 it seemed a shame to remove the boom lines and install the larger ones. NH could have spend a extra $50 and put the larger plumbing on in the first place. At LPS the 2 section pump is actually less then the single pump for my loader, go figure
Ken
I was told by 2 dealers that I CANT get high flow for my s185 later, that it has to be done at factory, sounds like bull too me? Any one know if you can retro fit and cost?

Tazza

Staff member
I was told by 2 dealers that I CANT get high flow for my s185 later, that it has to be done at factory, sounds like bull too me? Any one know if you can retro fit and cost?
Anything can be done, it just depends on the cost.
Hi Flow requires larger lines to the aux couplings and the addition of a small return line. For my 763 the manual actually shows a different control block for Hi Flow, not sure exactly what makes it so special...

sp6x6

Anything can be done, it just depends on the cost.
Hi Flow requires larger lines to the aux couplings and the addition of a small return line. For my 763 the manual actually shows a different control block for Hi Flow, not sure exactly what makes it so special...
HOW ABOUT IT , anyone in NW, MT that can put hi flow on my s185? Otherwise I might have to shop for a s205 loaded.

thetool

HOW ABOUT IT , anyone in NW, MT that can put hi flow on my s185? Otherwise I might have to shop for a s205 loaded.
sp6x6-
If you're really interested in converting that to a high-flow, I'd be glad to do a prelim work-up on it, but I need a little more info on your machine, to cross-check parts by serial number. I don't see why it can't be done. Feel free to email me if you wish.

sp6x6

sp6x6-
If you're really interested in converting that to a high-flow, I'd be glad to do a prelim work-up on it, but I need a little more info on your machine, to cross-check parts by serial number. I don't see why it can't be done. Feel free to email me if you wish.
the tool, Thanks for offer, but now that I have looked a little I do like the idea of a s205,A91, HI, 2spd. To trade is going to be costly. My unit is foot controls, I ordered it that way as that is how i learned. But I'm looking at machine ,08, w/ACS. At dealer I looked at one with SJC, friends tell me I would prefer hand conrtols. I looked at bobcat site and differences that I dont totally understand. But the speed managment I think would be good for snow blowing a mile long drive. What is you thought on this, and if I trade in for newer would it be worth it to go new w/tier 4 66hp vrs 61hp. Idont really want to spend more than 10-15,000 upgrading, that might keep me in the used market.

thetool

the tool, Thanks for offer, but now that I have looked a little I do like the idea of a s205,A91, HI, 2spd. To trade is going to be costly. My unit is foot controls, I ordered it that way as that is how i learned. But I'm looking at machine ,08, w/ACS. At dealer I looked at one with SJC, friends tell me I would prefer hand conrtols. I looked at bobcat site and differences that I dont totally understand. But the speed managment I think would be good for snow blowing a mile long drive. What is you thought on this, and if I trade in for newer would it be worth it to go new w/tier 4 66hp vrs 61hp. Idont really want to spend more than 10-15,000 upgrading, that might keep me in the used market.
If you wanna blow snow you can't beat the SJC. The speed management or "snail" is totally adjustable from the cab and for blowing snow you will prefer the SJC over the ACS.
My biggest beef with the SJC machines is their complexity and total impossibility to work on without dealer-only tools and info. If you buy an SJC machine it is best to buy new with max warranty and trade in again on new when the warranty expires. Give up all hope of ever doing anything yourself other than mostly the most basic maintenance tasks.
While I believe converting your machine to Hi-flow is doable, converting to or from SJC is beyond reasonable, because the SJC machine has a totally different pump, plumbing and electrical setup.
I'm not sure if you can realize 10-15K upgrade, I assume you're talking about trading in your machine for a new one. It all depends on the numbers the dealer works up, trade-in value you'll get for your 185-I just fix'em when they're broken.....=).

sp6x6

If you wanna blow snow you can't beat the SJC. The speed management or "snail" is totally adjustable from the cab and for blowing snow you will prefer the SJC over the ACS.
My biggest beef with the SJC machines is their complexity and total impossibility to work on without dealer-only tools and info. If you buy an SJC machine it is best to buy new with max warranty and trade in again on new when the warranty expires. Give up all hope of ever doing anything yourself other than mostly the most basic maintenance tasks.
While I believe converting your machine to Hi-flow is doable, converting to or from SJC is beyond reasonable, because the SJC machine has a totally different pump, plumbing and electrical setup.
I'm not sure if you can realize 10-15K upgrade, I assume you're talking about trading in your machine for a new one. It all depends on the numbers the dealer works up, trade-in value you'll get for your 185-I just fix'em when they're broken.....=).
the tool, That is also my thought , don't know if I can justify it. That pretty much puts me in new market . How long is a extended warranty or do they have them?

thetool

the tool, That is also my thought , don't know if I can justify it. That pretty much puts me in new market . How long is a extended warranty or do they have them?
Okay I was never a sales dude!.....=). I believe the standard warranty is 1 yr and you can pay extra for 2, but I don't know for sure if it's unlimited--you gotta check with the dealer on that. I am reasonably confident that extended warranty will pay for itself on an SJC machine, but that's qualified by the fact that you trade in every time the warranty expires-I think a guy has to make a lot of money with the machine to make that work, but that's just my opinion because that's not my business......=)

sp6x6

Okay I was never a sales dude!.....=). I believe the standard warranty is 1 yr and you can pay extra for 2, but I don't know for sure if it's unlimited--you gotta check with the dealer on that. I am reasonably confident that extended warranty will pay for itself on an SJC machine, but that's qualified by the fact that you trade in every time the warranty expires-I think a guy has to make a lot of money with the machine to make that work, but that's just my opinion because that's not my business......=)
Yes, it is hard to justify that kind of on going cost, my machine has 700 hrs. since 1/03 so at that rate I don't think I would even wear my machine out. Mines paid for so it is finally making $.