Converting tractor loader bucket to skid steer bucket

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

nickb8605

I am trying to convert a big bucket off an old tractor loader, to be used on my Bobcat T770 CTL. My plan is to use the bigger bucket to haul trash from the shop and also to move snow this winter. I have measured the inside angle of the bucket several times and I m getting a measurement of about 75 degrees, I purchased a universal mount plate from KFI Products, my question is, will I need to weld the mount plate at more of an angle so I am able to get more roll back on the bucket? I will post pics as soon as I figure out how to post them from my phone.

Tazza

Staff member
I wouldn't have thought you would, but with the mounting plate, you can line it up on the back of the bucket to see how much roll back you will have.
I don't think you will need a lot of backward tilt

SkidRoe

If the inside angle of the bucket is 75° (rear wall 15° off of vertical), you should be okay, unless you actually want more roll back.
Many tractor buckets have an inside angle of 90°, which will not give much, if any, roll-back. In this case you would need to come up with a strategy to weld the adapter plate on at an angle.
HTH - SR