Constant Flat Tires...

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Rocko99

Hello. We have 9 Bobcats-763's, S150s and they are used for loading/moving dirt on construction sites. I am looking for solutions to flat tires. We are constantly getting flats from punctures, slow leaks, etc. Other than solid or foam filled, are there any tires that are much more durable/puncture/leak resistant than others? Thanks.

7LBSSMALLIE

you don't mention what tires you are runnining .yea the b/c heavy wall with sealant. seems to have the least down time. the aftermarkets. have the most. buy cheap tires you got cheap tires. and yes there is an altertanive. a reusable insert commonly called snakes. they are a bitch to install they are basicly a perforated rubber half (the holes give it some give) you go this route youre tire dude might beat youre ass. but actually its a viable altertantive . 9 units constantly getting shut down for flats. my recommendation would be. go with the B/c h.w 10 16.5 have the bobcat sealant installed. air compressor and plug kit on every truck . make operators responsible . for daily checks as in prior to work tire pressure fluid levels grease it. visual inspection of hardware. you want to stop down time make em responsible. you hand em 50 grand of equipment and they claim its o piece o crap ( who let it get that way?) you want to know why repair bills are so high. do a sneaky peak at 7 am. watch what happens . they get in turn the key and go to work. when it breaks they call you. (I don't know what happened I was diggining in light top soil and it just broke)

mmsllc

you don't mention what tires you are runnining .yea the b/c heavy wall with sealant. seems to have the least down time. the aftermarkets. have the most. buy cheap tires you got cheap tires. and yes there is an altertanive. a reusable insert commonly called snakes. they are a bitch to install they are basicly a perforated rubber half (the holes give it some give) you go this route youre tire dude might beat youre ass. but actually its a viable altertantive . 9 units constantly getting shut down for flats. my recommendation would be. go with the B/c h.w 10 16.5 have the bobcat sealant installed. air compressor and plug kit on every truck . make operators responsible . for daily checks as in prior to work tire pressure fluid levels grease it. visual inspection of hardware. you want to stop down time make em responsible. you hand em 50 grand of equipment and they claim its o piece o crap ( who let it get that way?) you want to know why repair bills are so high. do a sneaky peak at 7 am. watch what happens . they get in turn the key and go to work. when it breaks they call you. (I don't know what happened I was diggining in light top soil and it just broke)
Get the most severe / extreme heavy duty tires from BOBCAT & foam-fill them. Then you can't have another flat tire. "Ya gotta PAY to PLAY!!" You will be so happy you did it that way, in the long run = downtime / flat tires SUCK!!

bobcatguy

Bobcat sells the tire sealant but they are very proud of it. I buy 5 gallons from the guy I get my tires from for less than $100. Put the sealant in and you should be fine with any tire. If you're puncturing the sidewall, the sealant will not help you. I have a 873 with nails in every tire almost to a point where they looked studded. The machine had the sealant in it. I ran a piece of 3/8 rebar in a tire, pulled it out and only lost 2 pound of air. The stuff works.

mmsllc

Bobcat sells the tire sealant but they are very proud of it. I buy 5 gallons from the guy I get my tires from for less than $100. Put the sealant in and you should be fine with any tire. If you're puncturing the sidewall, the sealant will not help you. I have a 873 with nails in every tire almost to a point where they looked studded. The machine had the sealant in it. I ran a piece of 3/8 rebar in a tire, pulled it out and only lost 2 pound of air. The stuff works.
That ought to work good, too. How much is a bucket of that stuff from BOBCAT?? Any idea of the BRAND NAME of the sealant that your tire guy uses?