comparison between old 753 and its more recent equivalents

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sweeneybee

I.ve just joined the forum and was hoping that I could get some information on the newer models that would equate to the old 753 that I,ve had for 24 years. Are the S130, S150 and S450 roughly the same size as the 753 or are there major differences between them. I'd appreciate any enlightening information on this subject.

Tazza

Staff member
The new numbering system is a little hard to understand. From what i have heard, most of the numbers in the S range, add a zero and that is how many pounds they are rated to lift.So an S150 should lift 1,500 lbs, but i'm not sure the S450 would be rated at 4,500 lbs if it is the same size as the others.

OP
OP
S

sweeneybee

The new numbering system is a little hard to understand. From what i have heard, most of the numbers in the S range, add a zero and that is how many pounds they are rated to lift.So an S150 should lift 1,500 lbs, but i'm not sure the S450 would be rated at 4,500 lbs if it is the same size as the others.
Thanks for that Tazza. Hopefully someone with an S450 or one of the other machines might give us some additional info.

SkidRoe

Thanks for that Tazza. Hopefully someone with an S450 or one of the other machines might give us some additional info.
An S450 has a rated lifting load of 1300 lbs.
I had a look at a bunch of different Bobcat models and specs; there appears to be no discernible characteristic that relates to the model number, not even the engine HP.
Maybe Bobcatdan can shed some light.
Cheers - SR

6brnorma

An S450 has a rated lifting load of 1300 lbs.
I had a look at a bunch of different Bobcat models and specs; there appears to be no discernible characteristic that relates to the model number, not even the engine HP.
Maybe Bobcatdan can shed some light.
Cheers - SR
It's a little odd that Dan hasn't posted in a couple of weeks.....hope he's okay.