Cleaning

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

re1mills

A recent purchase of a 1999 863 highflow unit left me wanting to clean it good . I would like to know if there any warnings about using a high pressure washer on any portion of the machine. Better warned than regretful. Thanks to all.

brdgbldr

A recent purchase of a 1999 863 highflow unit left me wanting to clean it good . I would like to know if there any warnings about using a high pressure washer on any portion of the machine. Better warned than regretful. Thanks to all.
The wiring connections can take on water causing problems. Try to avoid them and/or protect them while pressure washing.

foton

I assume that there are four clean out plates on the bottom of the machine open them up before washing .

mrbb

personally I never like using a pressure washer, due to they have the ability to push water into places it shouldn;t be, and or blow out seals and such,
I think you are way better off removing the heavy build up by hand first, then buying some good cleaning solution , (still pay attention to electrical conncetions and plugs) spraying down machine, allowing it time to work and then using a basic garden hose
there are very good cleaners on the market now, that remove things and with less risk of pressure washer worries!
seen far too many folks have issues with using pressure washers to again recommend NOT using them
yes they do remove stuff, but often cause mroe issues than wanted!

mekabajo

Make sure all the drain holes are open. Spray with Simply Green Aircraft and Precision Cleaner. After waiting 15 minutes or so, wash with garden hose. Electrical connections have a water resistant seal so you don't have to cover them. Avoid direct water on fuses. Blow off excess water with garden leaf blower. No need to be spotless, as it will get dirty again with use. Cleaning the bay will allow you to detect fluid leaks easier.