clark 610 bobcat

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

club i have a customer that says he has a 610 bobcat with a onan engine. could this be true? he did send some POOR pics, and it does not look like an onan engine. he would like to rebuild the engine. [email protected] or 651 437 2826 thank you. boomer ( the used onan engine parts guy )

Tazza

Staff member
I thought they ran Wisconsin engines, but it may have been repowered along the way, you never know.

mark18mwm

According to my service manual, the 610 had only Wisconsin (VH4D), Deutz diesel, and a electric version. I "think" that 500's had Onans, but I am not positive. I believe a 500 shares a bunch of parts and "kind of" looks like a 600/610, maybe he has them confused with one another.

OP
OP
B
According to my service manual, the 610 had only Wisconsin (VH4D), Deutz diesel, and a electric version. I "think" that 500's had Onans, but I am not positive. I believe a 500 shares a bunch of parts and "kind of" looks like a 600/610, maybe he has them confused with one another.
club the owner called this morning. i told him he needed to send better pics. while on the phone i told him i did not think it was on onan. he walked over to the engine, hesitated for a bit, then said, it SAYS KOHLER. the name was cast into one of the parts. thank you boomer

Tazza

Staff member
club the owner called this morning. i told him he needed to send better pics. while on the phone i told him i did not think it was on onan. he walked over to the engine, hesitated for a bit, then said, it SAYS KOHLER. the name was cast into one of the parts. thank you boomer
haha i like that, if he only looked first he would have seen that it was a Kohler....

Tigerhaze

haha i like that, if he only looked first he would have seen that it was a Kohler....
I have a M500; they came stock with the Koehler K662 engine. They look very similar to a M610 so he may actually have a M500. I believe the M600s came with a Wisconsin as did the later 610s.