chaincase filling w/oil

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

173rdABNVN

Hello again, trying to get my B.C. 863 f running right, what part of the system should I look at if my chaincase is filling up w/hydro oil? it empties the tank and I pressure washed everything under the cab and can find no leaks so I'm thinking a seal or Oring is bad and filling the chaincase.If somebody can point me to what to look at I'd be grateful. I bought a service manual but it covers the G series. My machine has hand controls which the guy I bought it from was an upgrade.thanks much for looking....russ

Tazza

Staff member
The drive motor carrier is generally the spot that causes leaking oil into the chain case, another spot is plugged case drain filters causing excessive pressure.
Trace from the small hoses on the drive motors back to the oil tank, there will be aluminium cans, these are filters. Open them up and check for metal particles that could clog the filter.
If they are ok, you may need to pull the drive motors off and replace the seal that is on the shaft that goes into the chain case to turn the chains.

OP
OP

173rdABNVN

The drive motor carrier is generally the spot that causes leaking oil into the chain case, another spot is plugged case drain filters causing excessive pressure.
Trace from the small hoses on the drive motors back to the oil tank, there will be aluminium cans, these are filters. Open them up and check for metal particles that could clog the filter.
If they are ok, you may need to pull the drive motors off and replace the seal that is on the shaft that goes into the chain case to turn the chains.
thank you Tazza,that gives me a start,will look into it....russ

Christack

thank you Tazza,that gives me a start,will look into it....russ
I just bought a 743 filled the hydraulic tank up and fired the old bobcat up and started to test it out and a few mins it stop pulling and lifting . So filled it back up and it did the same thing no leaks no wheres. Took the drive motor off and the seal was gone. LOL So got two seals for both motors and she runs fine. So the drive motor seals was the problem.

OP
OP

173rdABNVN

I just bought a 743 filled the hydraulic tank up and fired the old bobcat up and started to test it out and a few mins it stop pulling and lifting . So filled it back up and it did the same thing no leaks no wheres. Took the drive motor off and the seal was gone. LOL So got two seals for both motors and she runs fine. So the drive motor seals was the problem.
yea, I'm pretty sure that's what is wrong with mine.Bobcat wants over $250.00 for one kit, I can't find any online vendor that sells a cheaper one so will have to bite the bullet. First I'm going to take the filters off and check them for metal fragments. If someone knows where I can buy the kits cheaper I'd appreciate it. ....russ