Cat/Asv tracks

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Fishfiles

This week I got a friend asked to find a set of tracks and install them on a 287 Cat machine , they wanted after market if possible for cost reasons , made some calls and didn't find any after market available yet for the 287 , was told they are about 5 weeks away and estimated cost about $2,000 each , called the dealer and got a price on tracks , $ 2, 960.38 EACH , thats $ 6, 597.00 per set with the tax , before Katrina they cost $5,200 per set , so they went up 27% in 3 years , have been getting aftermarket Bobcat T300 tracks for $2,200 per set deliveried to the job site from the guy that calls himself TracKing on this site and they are working out nicely , the latest design of thread pattern looks almost exactly like the OEM , so when I gave the numbers to them that you can get 3 sets of Bobcat after markets for the price of 1 set of Cat OEM tracks , and that all the rubber that covers the rollers on the Cat was worn out and they needed all new rollers , they decided to park the Cat and went and bought a brand new T320 Bobcat , another Cat bites the dust -------------does anyone have an aftermarket sorouce for 287 tracks ?

WebbCo

Brother does this sound familar, all of my track suppliers told me, we dont want to build this track for the aftermarket due to the FACT that it wont hold up no matter how kind you are to them. They simply dont want all the issues that come with this rubber band system. They dont want their name on these....would you? When you put a snow cat track system in the contruction industry it is bound to failure. We cant give the Cat track machines away when they are traded in.

bobcat_ron

Brother does this sound familar, all of my track suppliers told me, we dont want to build this track for the aftermarket due to the FACT that it wont hold up no matter how kind you are to them. They simply dont want all the issues that come with this rubber band system. They dont want their name on these....would you? When you put a snow cat track system in the contruction industry it is bound to failure. We cant give the Cat track machines away when they are traded in.
Coming soon! http://bairproductsinc.com/products/part_rt1.html