cat 246 ss loader

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

xrjoe

a buddy just acquired this to work his property in Utah, being rural wants to get up to par on service, he does not have a manual, at 1250 hrs. on the ticker, we will do oil and filter, fuel filter, chassis grease, is the hydraulic oil filter replacement necessary? and can any other recommendations be made, that might need attention?

Tazza

Staff member
I'm going by bobcat schedules, the hydraulic oil/filter should be done every 1,000 hours.
Everything else, you are pretty well right about.

SkidRoe

Agreed, if you don't have a service history, a full fluid & filter replacement would be a good place to start. Don't forget the air filter. At least then there are no mysteries. HTH - SR

OP
OP
X

xrjoe

Agreed, if you don't have a service history, a full fluid & filter replacement would be a good place to start. Don't forget the air filter. At least then there are no mysteries. HTH - SR
so add hydraulic oil to the list, can someone give ma ballpark how much engine and hydraulic oil I should expect to get?

kroog

another thing im wondering, is there a valve adjustment?
If you get the ser # you can always talk to your local CAT dealer. Depends on the model A, B or C) what engine it has. I believe most came with a version of the 3.4.