Cat 246 B Door Removal

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

twiggybro

Hi i was hoping somebody can help me out I would Like to remove my cab door for various reasons but every time time i unplug the wiring harness that is connected to the door the bucket locks up and won't operate is a way to fix this issue so i can remove my door

Tazza

Staff member
It sounds like you have a door sensor. With the harness un-plugged it thinks the door is open, when its not even attached. Its for safety, if its just an on/off switch setup, you could jump the pins on the wiring harness.

OP
OP
T

twiggybro

It sounds like you have a door sensor. With the harness un-plugged it thinks the door is open, when its not even attached. Its for safety, if its just an on/off switch setup, you could jump the pins on the wiring harness.
Could you tell me exactly what jumping the pins means. Thank you for all your help

skidsteer.ca

Could you tell me exactly what jumping the pins means. Thank you for all your help
conecting the two wires.
Do it with a small fuse in the middle as a test, just incase its a dead short.
Their is no dealer around to ask as there must be a way to operate it with the door off. I have never worked on a Cat so ask a few people.
Ken

Dirtdog

Hey Bud, you have probably got the door sorted but for anyone interested as I was not to long ago. You pull the pin, on the male side with the connector orientated to the top, you will have the 6 holes, you have to jump the middle left with the bottom right. Basically a bit of good wire between the two. The door wriggles up and off. This was on a 247b '06' model anyway.