Case model 1818

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

[email protected]

This Skid steer always worked well but just recently the right drive stopped trying to turn. Looking for ideas on a simple fix or check this and that. Chain drive.

brufarris

Mine stopped on left drive(sitting in cab left side) found it to be drive pump can't really find right pump for it doesn't look fun to change

OP
OP
jameslmarchetti70@gmail.c

[email protected]

I have a Case Skid steer model 1818 Not to sure the year but a possible 1987. This Case has an Onan eng. Air cooled. All Belt driven. Two pumps a belt each. Control the right or left side with mechanical levers not electric joy sticks old style. It seems, The left side works well. The wheels will spin and only way I can turn it. Not like spinning like a top using both controls. That said, If I pull the right stick and rotate the wheels forward or backward all I get is a sluggish squeel as if I dead ended the hydraulic system. I am trying to find a go to point. Or a what to look for idea. Ran out of time where it is now so if anyone has an idea let me know.. Thanks in advance. The manual shows ROPS serial Number 177765884 and Uniloader Product ID Number as 17757432 If that helps.
The engine is called the Preformer 18HP What is hand writen down is T218G-I Spec. 10550B Not to sure when I used that or for what but it was a chanllenging early years of fixes. Anyway any help on this will be appreciated. Thanks again.

OP
OP
jameslmarchetti70@gmail.c

[email protected]

Mine stopped on left drive(sitting in cab left side) found it to be drive pump can't really find right pump for it doesn't look fun to change
Thanks for that. Is yours a Case? I was hoping for other than what I think maybe the situation as you mentioned. Like a streched cable to the control at the valve bank. Did you have it fixed? This small case 1818 is hard to get into much less fix it. This one I have is a 1987vintage and had 300 hours on it back when I got it. The simple fact of the matter is it's kind of useless as it sits now but I can move it. I may just call the people that had it to fix her up. Time for me is the beast. No Hydrameter and all that would help but do not have that any longer.

brufarris

Thanks for that. Is yours a Case? I was hoping for other than what I think maybe the situation as you mentioned. Like a streched cable to the control at the valve bank. Did you have it fixed? This small case 1818 is hard to get into much less fix it. This one I have is a 1987vintage and had 300 hours on it back when I got it. The simple fact of the matter is it's kind of useless as it sits now but I can move it. I may just call the people that had it to fix her up. Time for me is the beast. No Hydrameter and all that would help but do not have that any longer.
Yes it is a case 1818 gas Onan 2 cylinder believe a 94 ,vin jaf0073470 right works bucket everything else works but left hydraulic pump behind the set makes a lot of vibration with a noise like something has failed inside,haven't had time to take apart but I'm thinking of just getting it fixed somewhere as I have alot of other things to do