Case 450 parking brake problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

SkidSteerGuy50

I'm not sure if this belongs in the skidsteer or case forum. Case 450 wheels, not tracks. It will not come out of park until it is thoroughly warmed up. If I leave it inside (heated) it will strychnine right up and move. If I leave it outside now that it is colder, I have to leave it sit at idle until it will release from park. Any thoughts or suggestions on what is causing it to be stuck in park when cold? If it wasn't for summer use, over half of the hours would be warm up time.

Tazza

Staff member
Sorry, i don't know what sort of brake setup this machine has. From what you are saying it sounds like it has some sort of hydraulic brake setup. It's possible the piston or whatever it uses to release the brake is rusted up or sticky casuing the thicker oil to not work properly. I would have thought this was controlled by a solenoid though, it could be the cause if the issue too, be it electrical or a sticky stem not moving when the oil is thicker while cold.
Hopefully someone that knows this machine will give you more ideas.

mahans7

Sorry, i don't know what sort of brake setup this machine has. From what you are saying it sounds like it has some sort of hydraulic brake setup. It's possible the piston or whatever it uses to release the brake is rusted up or sticky casuing the thicker oil to not work properly. I would have thought this was controlled by a solenoid though, it could be the cause if the issue too, be it electrical or a sticky stem not moving when the oil is thicker while cold.
Hopefully someone that knows this machine will give you more ideas.
The cold could also affect a balky solenoid or electrical connection. So like Tazza says, sticky stem or solenoid/electrical problem will likely be the culprit.

erikT

The cold could also affect a balky solenoid or electrical connection. So like Tazza says, sticky stem or solenoid/electrical problem will likely be the culprit.
We have a Case 430 and had parking brake problem, wouldn't release brake sometimes. The problem was the safety switch on the lap bar, bad switch, replaced switch brake release's like it should now.

Latest posts