Case 420 series 3

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bloomwood

Bought used case 420 hooked up my aux hydraulic lines from my backhoe attatchment to machine but can't get attatchment to work have used it on my father in laws bobcat not sure if you have to do something to engage aux hydraulics or what on the bobcat u push a button to enable them not seeing anything on the case 420 series 3 help

Gearclash

The auxiliary hydraulics will disengage on the 400 series Cases if you lift the safety bar and get out of the seat, unless you override that feature using the "lock" button on the instrument panel. I am assuming you have a backhoe that has its own seat and controls, not a simple attachment run from the loader seat with the arms and bucket controls. There are also two switches to operate the aux, one is momentary-off-momentary, and the other is off-on.

Gearclash

The auxiliary hydraulics will disengage on the 400 series Cases if you lift the safety bar and get out of the seat, unless you override that feature using the "lock" button on the instrument panel. I am assuming you have a backhoe that has its own seat and controls, not a simple attachment run from the loader seat with the arms and bucket controls. There are also two switches to operate the aux, one is momentary-off-momentary, and the other is off-on.
Add that I have been told (haven't verified this) that Case's aux couplers are slightly different than the other brands. Maybe the coupler is connected but the poppets are not open?

OP
OP
B

Bloomwood

Add that I have been told (haven't verified this) that Case's aux couplers are slightly different than the other brands. Maybe the coupler is connected but the poppets are not open?
It is just a regular back hoe attatchment just a single action it seems that there is no hydraulic pressure at the aux coupler I didn't know if u had to turn it on somewhere or what I can't find a switch in there that controls it.

OP
OP
B

Bloomwood

It is just single action backhoe attatchment with the aux running the bucket on how attatchment don't know how to turn it on no pressure at aux coupler mine has the ISO controls