Case 1845C

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

awschucks

HI, I've got a Case 1845C that has an issue with reverse on on side. When I go forward everything is fine, suggesting that the motor is OK. But when I backup the left side does not keep up with the right. Gets worse when it gets hot. Seems like there it not enough pressure/flow in reverse. Any hints which adjustment on the hydraulic case will improve the flow in reverse? Other wise it starts and runs fine. Dave

Tazza

Staff member
It could be motor wear, as the oil gets thinner it has less power.
Could the linkage between the steering lever and pump be out of adjustment, making it bottom out so the linkage on the pump never reaches full travel.

OP
OP
A

awschucks

It could be motor wear, as the oil gets thinner it has less power.
Could the linkage between the steering lever and pump be out of adjustment, making it bottom out so the linkage on the pump never reaches full travel.
HI, The linkage going to the transmission is fine. It has full travel. If it was the motor, wouldn't it be weak in forward? Dave

Tazza

Staff member
HI, The linkage going to the transmission is fine. It has full travel. If it was the motor, wouldn't it be weak in forward? Dave
If the seals were bad in the motor it may run good one way, but poorly the other. It may have a shuttle valve that is causing the issue too. The shuttle valve allows the lower pressure oil to return to the low pressure line, as you change direction, this hose changes. If it was to stick, it can allow some of the high pressure fluid to bleed off to the low pressure line.
It could be the relief valves in the pump too. There should be two per pump, ne for forward, one for backwards on each side.