Case 1845C

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skidsteer bob

Good Aftenoon.
I bought a 1845C a couple of yrs. ago and the question I have is ,the ground speed travel just doesnt seem to be what it should be. Meaning it's not very quick as some I've seen. Both levers forward seem to track pretty well . Maybe the right side is a bit ahead of the left but not real bad, I have looked under the seat where the tandem pump is and at the linkage that controls the forward and reverse on the loader. It looks to be maxed out for the most travel. I'm not sure if it would be in that tandem pump under the seat or maybe the drive motors. It works as it is, so if it came to buy a reman pump or drive motor I would probably have to leave it as is. Don't notice any leaks at all and the fluid level stays consistant. If someone could get me on the right path maybe I can fix it. Thank you very much for your time.
Bob

DMoneyAllstar

Even if you're not seeing any external leaks, there could be some losses and leakage inside your pump, drive motors and manifolds (SEALS).

Do the easy stuff -- hydraulic fluid flush & filter change. Look for trash in the fluid which could be remnants of seals, pump, etc. Non-metal stuff is just seals, but there are a lot them in the system.

Does the boom and tilt work fast and strong? Maybe isolate it to the drive system.

Pumps are easy to inspect, replace or reseal and not too pricey.

If everything else runs great and you plan on keeping it around, talk to a local repair shop and get their advice as to what to remove, what's rebuildable, how long it can take to rebuild, etc. Maybe even spend $1k on a diagnostic visit since the machine is driving and can put it on a trailer.