Case 1845 park brake

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

frank123

I'm looking at a used 1979 1845. Not very familiar with this brand. Anybody know how the parking brake system on this machine works. The current owner said it has never worked. Is this the pin style found on some of them or is this a hydraulic system or ? ? Any other particulars to check out? Overall machine looks pretty good, diesel, hand control(appears to need some adjusting, wants to creep), 2220 hrs, good paint. Mostly just curious as to what expense I might be looking at to get the parking brake in operation. Any insight will be appreciated. Frank

Mr Jimi

Frank, welcome to the forum. I own a 1845C 1991 model and when I lift my safety levers it locks it, I don't think a brake is needed on these if they are shut off. I have some pictures in the gallery here
Jim

OP
OP
F

frank123

Frank, welcome to the forum. I own a 1845C 1991 model and when I lift my safety levers it locks it, I don't think a brake is needed on these if they are shut off. I have some pictures in the gallery here
Jim
No safety levers on this vintage 1845. Combined with the tendency to creep or the possibility of bumping a control lever when entering/ exiting the cab, I'd really like to figure this out. I don't know if something is missing from the machine or just not operating correctly. This is an original 1845 (pre B and C). Have enjoyed the informative exchanges for the past few months and am pleased to be able to participate. It's a pretty impressive base of knowledge amongst all you guys. Thanks for the feedback. Frank

skidsteer.ca

No safety levers on this vintage 1845. Combined with the tendency to creep or the possibility of bumping a control lever when entering/ exiting the cab, I'd really like to figure this out. I don't know if something is missing from the machine or just not operating correctly. This is an original 1845 (pre B and C). Have enjoyed the informative exchanges for the past few months and am pleased to be able to participate. It's a pretty impressive base of knowledge amongst all you guys. Thanks for the feedback. Frank
You guys will have to take a few pics "under the hood" and mayby we can figure out where its located and how it works. It must tie into the Axel, drive chains or wheel motors somewhere.
How you feeling Jim?
Ken

Mr Jimi

Frank, my 1845 C has a small cable attached to the right safety arm, the one you lift to get out and yours may just be out of adjustment or rusted. It shouldn't much if yours has that cable, its about 1/8 " or less in size
And yes Ken I'm alright LOL
Jim

OP
OP
F

frank123

Frank, my 1845 C has a small cable attached to the right safety arm, the one you lift to get out and yours may just be out of adjustment or rusted. It shouldn't much if yours has that cable, its about 1/8 " or less in size
And yes Ken I'm alright LOL
Jim
As it turned out, I got the machine for a song and had an offer on it before I even got started fixing it. Ended up coming out really well without even trying. It was a pretty straight machine overall, but if I could turn a few bucks quick, there's probably better machines out there. Just took a chance on it because it was cheap. Thanks for the input.

Frank

Latest posts