Case 1845 C

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

waynesweb

I have a case 1845 C I have to find a hydraulic fluid leak I'm pretty sure it's hydraulic fluid that's in this system but is supposed to be 10W30 oil this I've never heard of. here's my question system calls for 10W30 but it has hydraulic fluid if I want to temporarily add some fluid to it do you think it be alright to add 10W30 so that I can run it a little bit and find the leak . Thank you in advance for your help

Tazza

Staff member
Some people say they don't like using engine oil, i personally have never had an issue with it. My machines are not uder warranty, so i can run whatever i want without warranty issues.
I personally run 15W40 or 20W50, whatever is cheap at the time. I live in Australia, so we never get below freezing, so thickness of the oil i use isn't a big deal.
I'd be happy running 10W30 or 15W40, hope your leak is an easy one to find and repair.

OP
OP
waynesweb

waynesweb

Some people say they don't like using engine oil, i personally have never had an issue with it. My machines are not uder warranty, so i can run whatever i want without warranty issues.
I personally run 15W40 or 20W50, whatever is cheap at the time. I live in Australia, so we never get below freezing, so thickness of the oil i use isn't a big deal.
I'd be happy running 10W30 or 15W40, hope your leak is an easy one to find and repair.
thanks for all that that helps me but at the moment im referring to adding it to the hydraulic fluid which is not registering at the site glass. so its very low but still working